murals in times square

"Tom Tom Tom!" Teresa called as he hung off his arm. "Hey."

"Hey T. What's up?" Thomas smiled as he looked at his best friend.

"I was thinking about homecoming."

"Okay?"

"I think that I want to go."

"What seriously?" Thomas looked at her in shock. "I thought you hated the whole idea of homecoming?"

Teresa shrugged. "I do, but I think we should go."

Thomas narrowed his eyes at her as they turned into the classroom. "Or, you have someone that you want to go with."

"What! No!" Teresa snapped as they sat down in the two desks in the back. "Come on Tom pleaseeee, don't make me ask you in front of the whole school."

Thomas rolled his eyes. "I'll think about it okay?"

Teresa smirked. "Hey maybe you could invite Deadpool."

Thomas twisted his face in disgust. "What the fuck kinda idea is that T?"

Teresa shrugged. "He'd probably enjoy it."

Thomas shook his head. "I don't even want to see him again."

"What if he's like really really sexy under his mask?"

Thomas made a face. "That's just- no, ew, you're so weird. He's an asshole!"

"An asshole with a nice as-"

"Teresa!" Thomas snapped as he felt his cheeks heat up.

The girl put her hands up in fake surrender. "Okay, okay sorry no Deadpool."

Thomas let out a little sigh of relief as he slouched over his desk. They were fairly early to class, their only friends really being each other so they didn't have a group to hangout in the hallway with or even sit with at lunch.

Suddenly the rest of the kids started pooling into the classroom, snickering at something on their phones. Teresa pulled her own out of her pocket, a laugh slipping from her lips. "Oh Tom, you are going to fucking hate this."

Thomas braced himself for whatever it could be as he looked at the screen Teresa turned towards him.

"What the actual fuck is that?!"

____

Newt came back to the apartment covered head to toe in splattered paint to screaming and banging. He hesitantly opened the door cringing as he saw Eran screaming at Minho who was curled up in a fetal position on the couch in pure terror.

Newt put on his widest smile which distorted his mask and hid the two empty spray paint cans behind his back. "Hi Eran! Lovely to see you."

The girl froze in her spot and slowly turned to face Newt. "I know you are not even thinking about walking on my hardwood floors dressed like that."

Newt took a careful step back, planting his feet on the doormat like his life depended on it.

"Should I even ask why you're covered in paint?"

"Probably not," Newt admitted.

"He's trying to court Spiderman!"

"Minho!"

Eran's face immediately faded into that of a disappointed parent at their child's school conference. "Did I just hear him correctly?"

"Maybe." Newt pulled up the edge of this mask, bunching it up around the bridge of his nose and giving his gorgeous landlord the biggest smile he could muster.