mask off

"I'm not going out with Minho."

"What?!" Thomas snapped as he frowned hard at his friend.

"Not until whatever happened gets settled out."

"Nothing happened," Thomas said as he let out a breath and rested his head on his hands. They were in the back of the cafeteria upon Thomas' request. He stopped feeling mad at Newt three days prior, now he was just upset because he kinda missed him even though he wouldn't dare admit it.

Teresa rolled her eyes. "You haven't spoken to him or about him in a week, I know something is up."

"We just don't get along."

"You can't lie to me and you know it." Teresa huffed. "I always know when you are. I've waited a whole week to ask what happened, now you're just straight up refusing to tell me."

"I don't want to talk about it," Thomas said in a soft voice. "I want you to go on that date that was supposed to be tonight."

Teresa groaned loudly. "Thomas what is going on?! You never hide things from me."

"Because this doesn't matter!" Thomas snapped.

"Of course it matters you can't just go from-"

"Can you just drop it?!"

Teresa's froze immediately, an expression of pure shock taking up her face. She let out a breath. "Okay I don't know why you're being suck a dick today, but when you want to pull your head out of your fucking ass, you can talk to me then."

"Wait T, I'm s-"

Teresa rolled her eyes and got up, leaving Thomas in the lunch room by himself.

He dropped his head onto the table. How did he keep managing to keep fucking everything up?

Thomas glanced out the window of the cafeteria and got the stupidest idea he'd ever had.

He slung his backpack over his shoulder and as quietly as he could, slipped out of the cafeteria and out of the school.

_____

Newt woke up to his phone ringing. He was sleeping a lot this past week. Everything was kinda fucked up and sleeping was the closest he could get to being dead. Without looking at the caller ID he picked it up and mumbled a sleepy "you've reached deadpool, make it worth my time".

Newt shot up as he heard a cracked voice practically pleading "Newt" into the receiver.

"Baby boy, that you?"

"I-I know you hate me b-but I might need help." The boy broke off into a choked sob which made the hair on Newt's arms stand up.

"Where are you? What happened?"

"I-I don't know." Spidey let out a sob again. "I-I really fucked up this time."

"Turn on your location," Newt said as he got up and scrambled to put his suit on. "I'll be right there."

Newt was out of his apartment in five minutes. He had his katanas and even strapped some extra guns in various locations on his body. If someone hurt Spidey they were going to fucking regret it.

Twenty minutes was all it took for Newt to find the hero on the roof of some building. His hands were clenched around his stomach and he was making concerning groaning noises. Newt dropped down next to him immediately.

"Baby boy what happened?" Newt asked as he gently put his hands on the boy.

"T-tried to handle it myself."