he's not so bad

"Hey baby boy!"

Thomas groaned as he turned around slowly. "What are you doing here?"

Deadpool was laid out across the edge of the building top, his hand on his hip and one leg bent up.

"Seducing you?"

"Seriously," Thomas snapped.

"Seriously I'm catching some bad guys, if I seduce you that's a plus."

Thomas looked at him confused. "You don't catch bad guys. You kill people."

Deadpool got up, pulling his katanas out of the strap on his back. "Kill is a strong word. I prefer saying that I unalive people...plus I only unalive bad guys."

"And what's your definition of a bad guy?" Thomas crossed his arms over his suit covered chest.

Deadpool shrugged and started counting off his fingers. "Rapists, robbers, boys who stalk girls who have the potential to turn into rapists..."

"I get it." Thomas said as he sighed and sat on the ledge of the building, letting his feet dangle over the edge.

Deadpool cocked his head slightly as he sat next to him. "You okay spider baby?"

Thomas scoffed. "Like you care."

"Well that's not fair."

"What isn't?"

"You know that saying, when you assume you make an ass out of you and me. Yeah."

Thomas dropped his head into his hands. "This is harder than I thought it would be."

"Catching the drug guys?"

Thomas nodded. "I guess it's my first real mission, makes me think I'm not cut out for this."

Deadpool laughed at that. "That's a load of BS."

"What?"

"If anyone is cut out for catching bad guys, it's you."

"And why is that?"

"Are you kidding Spidey? We're like the jedi and sith right here. Darth Vader and Luke Sykewalker except I'm not really into the daddy thing."

Thomas felt himself let out a breath. "Star Wars reference really?"

"At least you got it, now I can justify my undying love for you."

"You still didn't answer the question."

"You're good," Deadpool said plainly. "You help people, the little things matter just as much as the big stuff. You care Spidey and that's why you're cut out for the job."

Thomas felt his cheeks heat up under his mask. "Thanks."

He could practically feel Deadpool grinning at him. "Did you just say something to me that wasn't mean?"

"No."

"Oh my god is this first base, did we get to first base?"

Thomas couldn't stop himself from laughing. "I think first base requires a bit more touching."

"Well in that case baby boy."

Thomas felt Deadpool slide into his side, almost throwing him off the roof with the force. The merc grabbed his arm to steady him before resting his hand gently on the small of his back.

"What the fuck?!"

Deadpool grinned again. "First base."

Thomas shook his head. "I'm only letting you touch me because you have been tolerable today."