it's his death sentance

"Is he up?" Thomas asked frantically as he watched Newt place Minho's body on the couch.

"I got him!" Newt snapped as he took a deep breath. Minho was breathing, but barely.

He was hit in the side, the red seeping in a gross looking circle in his shirt. The hole was small and Thomas got flashbacks to when he was shot. Newt said the bullet went straight through and Thomas didn't know if that was good or bad. What he did know was that Minho was bleeding all over the pathetic towel they had laid down and that Newt was stressed. Teresa hadn't said a word since they got back to the apartment, but she was holding onto her sweatshirt sleeve so tight her knuckles turned white.

"Should we take him to a hospital?" Thomas asked carefully.

"We can't!" Newt said harshly. "Sorry I-uh Minho can't be on records. Long story but no one knows he's alive technically we have to keep it that way."

"What?"

"It's really not the best time Tommy, can I explain later please?"

"Yeah, yeah sorry," Thomas said as he backed up.

"Yo fuckwad can ya hear me?" Newt asked as he lightly slapped Minho's cheek.

"Yeah," Minho breathed out as he grimaced in pain. His eyes stayed screwed shut. "Fuckin h-hurts Newt."

"No shit genius you got shot. Is this serious enough for...you know?"

Minho was quiet for a second. "I-if I pass out, do that okay?"

"Do what?" Thomas asked.

"Not now!" Newt warned him. Newt grabbed his shitty first aid kid from under the couch and cracked his knuckles. "Alright pal this is gonna hurt like a bitch."

"I'm aware," Minho laughed breathlessly. "Y-you gonna hold my hand Newtie?"

Newt froze and looked at his best friend. "Do you want Tommy to?"

Minho jerked his head in a nod.

Thomas was by his side in an instant, holding Minho's hand in a death grip.

"S-sorry Tom my guy, h-helps a little t-this is hell."

"It's okay," Thomas whispered. His heart was beating in his chest as he watched Newt cut away the blood soaked parts of Minho's shirt.

"I gotta disinfect all of this Min, it looks awful," Newt said as he stared at the hole in his friend's side "Good news is you didn't hit anything important I don't think...no blood is spraying."

"B-bad news?"

Newt cringed. "This is gonna hurt." Newt picked up a bottle of something and dumped a generous amount onto a washcloth.

Newt put the cloth on the entrance wound and god did Minho scream. Thomas wrenched his eyes shut as Minho clenched down so hard on his fingers.

Newt's face was stoic as he dumped the liquid straight through.

The screaming was awful, Thomas wouldn't be shocked if they got a noise complaint.

Minho's head pulled back and he choked a bit. "G-gonna p-pass out-"

"No!" Newt slapped his cheek again. "You're not passing out on me, chill out, keep your eyes open bitch."

Minho cracked a smile at that and loosened his grip on Thomas' hand.

Newt was doing something to Minho's side that Thomas couldn't see, all he knew was at times Minho grabbed his hand so hard he heard his knuckles crack. Minho's eyes fluttered closed a few times so Thomas squeezed his hand til they opened again.