we're not bad people

"He still hasn't called?" Thomas asked as he blew air into his hand. It was cold on the street where he was standing and of course he was stupid enough not to bring warmer clothes. His hand that was clutching his phone to his ear was freezing and his teeth were starting to chatter.

"I'm gonna be honest with you Tom my friend, when Newt doesn't want to be found he won't be," Minho huffed.

"You can't just give up! I haven't heard from him in a week."

"I'm not giving up dude!" Minho snapped. "Listen here, I like you alot, but Newt is my ride or die and he'll always come first to me. We're digging up parts of his past that I don't even know how he survived through once and forcing him to relive it. It doesn't really seem fair that you won't let him blow off some steam."

"I'm just worried," Thomas muttered as his cheeks flushed red. "I didn't mean it like that."

Minho let out a long breath. "I know, just he does this sometimes. He'll be back soon."

"You promise?"

"Yeah. This isn't my first time at the rodeo of Newt's unpredictable actions. He's fine, fucker can't die, but he needs his space okay? Looking for him is just going to make it worse, trust me on that."

"If you hear from him can you tell him to just let me know if he's alright."

"Yeah I can do that. Just focus on something else for a bit, I'll keep digging around to see what I can find on WICKED but knowing Newt he's probably hanging up their heads like christmas ornaments right now."

"He doesn't kill people anymore."

"He does when it comes to the people who tortured him for years. Listen Tom, Newt isn't like you and he'd never be. He may not be a steller hero but he's gotta fight with his demons in his own way. Just try and understand."

"Yeah," Thomas huffed out. "I'm trying."

Minho cleared his throat. "You with Teresa right now?"

"Uh no, why?"

Minho hummed. "Just  wonderin', was gonna ask her to hangout or something, easier if she wasn't with you."

"Ew."

"Shut up," Minho laughed. "She's sweet, also still getting over her trauma of being kidnapped, we just sit and do homework in the apartment so she feels safe or whatever...well she does homework and I play video games but same difference."

"Oh that's actually...nice."

"Yeah well I'm not always a dick...I'll catch you later, feel free to swing by whenever."

"Was that a really bad spiderman pun?"

"YESSIR!" Minho whopped into the phone before he hung up.

Thomas sighed and put his phone back in his pocket. He hadn't heard from Newt for a week after their stupid fight, well maybe it wasn't stupid but it sure felt that way now. He just missed Newt.

Thomas pulled out his phone again and opened his messages with Newt.

Thomas: hey im really sorry can you come back so we can talk

Thomas: newt come on, it's been 3 days how long are you going to ignore me for

Thomas: minho says you haven't even been home yet ???? where are you

Thomas: listen im really sorry and I miss you alot okay?

Thomas: newt please can we just talk...