not a team up

"Tech guru checking in, I repeat copy Spiderman."

"Please stop calling yourself that," Thomas groaned as he dropped down into an ally.

"Fine, fine, I'm glad you're not dead."

"I'm not dead."

"I said I'm glad!"

Thomas rolled his eyes as he snuck quietly down the alley, his back pressed tightly to the brick wall. He carefully peered around the corner, letting out a soft breath as he saw two men by the street corner. They had on long coats and hats, looking overly suspicious. Thomas let out a breath and tried to scoot closer, cursing softly when he realized that he probably couldn't get close enough to hear them.

Thomas shook his head, giving up completely and strolled over to them. He coughed loudly before waving pathetically at them.

"Uh hey guys, what's going on?"

Both men turned quickly toward him, their hats covering most of their faces.

"I was wondering if you knew anything about potentially letha- oh okay that's a gun."

"Get out of here if you know what's good for you."

"I'm kinda known for making stupid decisions."

The guy went to grab Thomas but he was quicker. Thomas shot his hand out, wrapping the guy in his web. He ducked as the other guy pulled the trigger of the gun.

"Don't shoot people!" Thomas snapped as he webbed the gun away from the guy. "It's not nice!"

"I don't think they care about being nice!" Teresa's voice sounded in his ear.

"Shut up!"

Thomas shot his webs out at the gun guy, tying his body to the light post behind him.

Thomas let out a breath and stood up, his hands on his hips. "Now, are you guys ready to answer my questions now?"

One of the guys scowled at him. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I think you do," Thomas said as he squatted down next to the first guy he wrapped up who was laying on the ground. "I think that because you wouldn't have tried to shoot me otherwise."

"I'm not telling you shit kid!" The man spat which just made Thomas roll his eyes.

"Come on, I hunted you down, don't make it be for nothing...people are dying! You don't want people to die right?" Thomas hesitated for a moment. "Okay, you probably don't care about that, but listen if you tell me something useful I won't call the cops."

"You can't call the cops." The man on the lightpost snickered. "We weren't doing anything illegal."

"B-but you're on a drug corner. You don't have any drugs on you?"

"Nope."

"Fuck!" Thomas cussed loudly as he kicked at the sidewalk.

"No offense, but you're kinda a shit superhero."

Thomas huffed as he crossed his arms. "Just give me something, come on."

"Listen here kid, this is just painfully pathetic so I'll just tell you that if we talk, it's guaranteed death, so get out of here and stop poking around before you end up dead too."

Thomas rolled his eyes and spoke to Teresa through his suit. "This didn't work, we need a new plan."

Teresa huffed loudly into her mic from Thomas' bedroom. "Okay, come back we can regroup and think of something else."