we undercover bro

Thomas had finally fallen asleep, his head in Newt's lap and Newt gently running his fingers through his hair.

He eventually was able to maneuver Thomas into his bed without waking him up. He left the boy to hopefully get a few hours of sleep before he dipped into Minho's room.

"Find anything?" Newt asked as he approached the bed where his roommate and landlord were sitting.

"Not yet," Eran said as she typed away at her computer. "I'm certain we will though. They want you to find them."

"How were we so stupid?!" Minho asked as he threw his hands up. "They got dirt on her from somewhere!"

Eran looked up for a second, her mouth dropping open into an o shape. "But they didn't."

"What?"

"They didn't get dirt on her."

"Well then how did they find her?"

"Because she didn't cover her tracks!"

Minho made a face. "What?"

"Before Spidey and Newt started working this together, Teresa was looking into things herself."

"I'm not following," Minho said as he leaned closer to look at the computer screen.

"They tracked her."

"That's possible?" Newt asked as he crossed his arms.

"Oh yeah, easily. If you're not careful anyone can find you, honestly it's quite easy to backtrack a foreign system if it's poking in where it isn't supposed to be."

"So Teresa led herself into this?" Newt asked as he leaned back against the door frame.

"In basic terms, yes."

"What about Tommy?"

"What about him?"

"You think his identity is in danger?"

"Probably not," Eran replied as she typed something else out on the computer. "It wasn't traced to him and I doubt that they know too much about Teresa. They can just track the invading system, which is probably how they got to her."

"We can't tell Tommy that."

"Why not?"

"He'll blame himself," Newt said as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "He already feels bad enough."

"It wasn't his fault," Eran said as she let out a breath. "It really wasn't."

"Well, I know that but he doesn't."

Minho bit his lip. "We'll find her though right?"

Newt nodded. "Of course we will, we just have to locate her and then Tommy and I can take care of it."

"He knows I'm here right?" Eran asked. "I doubt he has his mask on."

Newt nodded. "He doesn't care, you already know his name."

Eran's eyes lit up. "Oo I got a hit."

"What?" Minho leaned over to see the screen.

"Her phone, I used some basic tracking find my iphone type shit, I got a ping about thirty miles from here."

"Tommy can swing there no problem," Newt said as he felt a weight in his chest lift.

Eran made a weird face and clicked a few times. "I got a hit...but it's really weird."

"What?"

"I think they're at a strip club."

_____