in love with a fool

Thomas jogged his leg as he sat in Newt and Minho's living room. Teresa was holding his hand and Minho had a beer cracked open in front of him.

"I hate when he does this," Minho said softly.

"You've seen him die before?" Thomas asked, his voice coming out rough. Yeah, he'd been crying. He felt like he was allowed to cry while watching his boyfriend basically commit suicide.

Minho nodded as he took a long sip from his beer. "After Alby, I'd come home to his brains splattered all across the living room wall. Sometimes he'd slit his own throat just to 'make the voices stop' or whatever the fuck that meant. Scares me every time though because I think just what if he fails this time and something doesn't work. What if I lost him for good and I never got to say goodbye." Minho trailed off as he stared at the couch. Well, whatever was left of Newt.

Thomas couldn't do it, he had to call Minho to come and physically scrape pieces of Newt off the lawn. Thomas vomited three times in the woods while Teresa patted his back and Minho put his boyfriend in a garbage bag. Now they had Newt set up on the couch. Minho had tried to put him back together like a fucking puzzle to make the healing go faster but that was another thing Thomas couldn't watch. They agreed to put a sheet over him so Newt could heal privately or whatever but Thomas refused to leave his side.

Minho let him shower in their bathroom and even take some of Newt's clothes so he didn't have to wear his suit. He gave Teresa some clean clothes too and tended to the wound on her shoulder. One thing was for sure, this wasn't Minho's first trip around this block and Thomas was infinitely thankful for him.

Minho cleared his throat and tipped his beer toward Teresa. "Enough about that, what did they do to you in there? Anything we should kill people over?"

Teresa shook her head as she held Thomas' hand tighter. He could slightly feel the burn marks on her which made his blood absolutely boil.

"They just wanted to know stuff and when I wouldn't tell them, they...got physical."

Thomas tightened his grip. "We should have been more careful."

    "Don't blame yourself," Teresa said softly as she rested her head on his shoulder. "It wasn't your fault."

    "It was."

Minho softly laughed. "God now I can see why you and Newt are together, you both think everything is your fault even if it was completely out of your hands. Listen Thomas, all because you and Newt have something a little extra doesn't mean it's your job to save the entire world okay?"

Thomas was quiet then but Teresa squeezed him again and he felt a little better. He rested his cheek on the top of her head and let out a breath.

"Don't be too hard on him when he wakes up," Minho said as he finished his beer. "He's gonna be just as stressed as you are if not more. Give him some time before you rip him a new one."

"I don't want to yell at him," Thomas said softly. "I just want to hug him."

"You are literally Newt's wet dream."

Teresa yawned and Thomas nudged her gently. "You should sleep T."

She shook her head. "I'm fine."

"You've been kidnapped for the past few days, you really should sleep."

"I can't," Teresa whispered. "I'm scared."

Minho clearly heard and his face softened. "Come on, you can sleep with me. I promise this isn't a ploy to feel you up, but I'm a big dude it might make you feel safer. Plus I promise you not one person who has broken in here has left alive."