I'm Lonely

John, Pete, Keith went out "shopping" one day, as Keith described it. He wouldn't say where they were going, just that they would be back for their show tonight. We were in Brixt

on for this one.

I hung out with Roger, mostly watching movies (Breakfast at Tiffany's was on, my favorite) and playing Gin Rummy. Roger went down to the mini-mart across from the hotel to get some snacks, so I mixed myself a quick drink from Roger's minibar. Just because Keith couldn't drink doesn't mean I can't.

When Roger came back, a big paper bag in hand, he was grinning like the cat that ate the canary.

"What happened?" I ask.

"This woman down at the store said she's seeing us tonight and wants to get backstage. She's just crazy about Pete."

I roll my eyes. "Better Pete than Keith. Whats her name?"

"Karen...something, I don't remember. I'm beginning to think Pete's nose has magical powers when it comes to women."

I crack up. "You slay me, Daltrey, I'm tellin' ya!"

I rifle through the paper bag and start munching on licorice.

Halfway through Tiffany's, Roger muted the telle during a commercial and stretched out on the bed, yawning.

"You're tired? Its 3 o'clock." I roll my eyes and sut cross-legged beside him.

"Its not easy being the lead singer of The Who, it takes a lot out of me!" Roger jokes.

I grin, then put on my cheesy groupie voice. "Oh my god!! You're Roger Daltrey, you're the lead singer for The Who! Its such an honor to meet you, I love your music!"

Roger played along, doing a fake voice as well. "Thanks, baby, lets go back to my dressing room, I need a good lay right about now."

I burst out in a fit of giggles, rolling onto my side. I rolled off the bed, laughing even harder.

"Are you okay?" Roger asked, laughing as hard as me.

"I'm--I'm fine!!" I get up and sit back on the bed, calming my laughter. Roger stopped laughing too and quickly kissed my cheek. I turn to find him blushing. "What was that for?"

Roger shakes his head and turns away, mumbling, "Nothin',"

"No, Rog, why'd ya kiss me?"

Roger turns back to me, his head down. He lets out a shuddering sigh. "I'm sad, Kenny." He whispers.

"Sad? How do you mean?" I'm quite puzzled by this turn of events.

"Depressed. I think I'm depressed."

"Oh, Rog, I'm sorry. How can I help?"

Roger looks up to me and I see tears in his eyes. I immediately pull him closer to me and hug him. I hear him softly cry on my shoulder.

"I'm lonely, Kenleigh. I'm really lonely."

I rub Roger's back as he continues.

"I--I know I shouldn't be, I have the guys and you-- but I want a girl in my life...and I think about it and I get really sad. I really shouldn't be but I'm sad as hell." Roger rests his forehead on my shoulder.

"Roger, I'm really sorry, I had no idea you felt this way. I'm gonna try to help you, okay? I promise." I bring Roger's face up so his eyes are level with mine. "I promise. You shouldn't feel lonely."

Roger gives me a week smile and wipes his face with his shirt.

"Thanks, Kenny, I don't really know how to tell any of the guys, I figured you'd understand better than them."

"I'm glad you came to me, Rog, I really am."

By then, Breakfast at Tiffany's is over, so we start to get ready for the show.

A/n: Poor Roger!!!