No Matter What

"The hospital?! What the hell did you do?!" Keith took my hands before I could say any more.

"Darling, I'm very sorry, I just got so mad that the paper could be true--"

"So you thought beating up Roger was the way to go, right?" I let out a short sigh. "Where's the hospital?"

"Ill take you--"

"Nevermind, Ill get a cab. We'll talk about this later." I grab my purse and walk out the door, leaving Keith to himself.

The Who didn't really get along well, Roger had a vicious temper at times, Keith was insane (I mean that in the best possible way), Pete was in his own little world half the time, and John was quiet and off to the side. They rarely spent tine together without arguing. But this? I didnt know how badly Roger was hurt, but if he was in the hospital, it must be pretty bad. I had never seen Keith hurt a fly, so this really was scaring me.

As soon as I got to the hospital, I found Roger's room by telling the nurse I was his sister. Pete was standing outside the door to Roger's room. Pete hugs me. "He's alright, the doctor says he's got a mild concussion and several cuts and bruises but that he'll be fine in a few days."

"Thank god, Pete, I just cant believe Keith would hurt Rog like that, he's never done anything like this before." I rest my head in my hands as Pete and I sit outside Roger's room. The nurse is doing some tests so we can't go in.

"Well, Keith must've seen that picture in the paper and thought that he was losing you. He thinks the world of you, Kenny." Pete says.

"Yeah, I know--"

"You obviously don't; Keith would go through hell for you, Ken. He's trying his damnedest to quit drinking and drugs, and whenever he screws up and gets drunk he thinks you'll be so upset that you'll leave him. He has extremely low self-esteem, and he needs you. He thought that he did something wrong and that you were getting closer to Roger because of what he did. He was scared out of his mind you'd leave him. And in his mind he mustve thought the best course of action was to kick Roger's ass."

For a second it was as though Keith himself had said those words. He was scared that he had messed up. At that moment I really wanted my boyfriend by my side. If that's how he felt, I needed to tell him how I felt, how I would never leave him, that I do love him unconditionally.

Pete said that he would look after Roger and I immediately went back to the hotel. I got to our room and burst through the door, finding Keith asleep. There was a tiny, empty vodka bottle by his side, and several cigarette butts in the ashtray. I slipped into the bed beside Keith, buf he woke up.

He saw me and relief washed over his face. "Oh, Kenleigh, I'm so sor--"

I placed a finger on Keith's lips. "Don't say you'rs sorry. I love you, Keith, Ill always love you, no matter what."

A/n: Quick update because I'm super tired