And This One Doesn't Involve Explosives

Roger performed with as much passion and energy as he always does, but slumped in the corner of the dressing room with a drink in his hand after the show. Karen came to see Pete, and the two really seemed to hit it off. Roger watched them with jealousy in his eyes until a groupie came by and he took her back to the hotel.

I decided not to tell Keith about Roger, I didn't want to embarrass Roger, or possibly lose his trust in me. I laid in bed that night, and didnt even notice when Keith kissed my neck.

"Earth to Kenleigh? Did my beauty put you in shock?"

I laugh and turned over, putting my arm around my boyfriend.

"Do you know how lucky I am to have you?" I ask.

"Well, Id say I got the better end of the deal." Keith kissed my lips, deepening the kiss and eventually made his way on top of me. I pulled away briefly. "Where'd you go today?"

Keith grinned. "Wouldn't you like to know?" And kept on kissing me.

"Yes, I would. I gotta make sure you're not foolin' around with any other girls." I smirk.

"Oh, yes, I've got Betty, Jane, Mariah, Anna, oh, and what's her name-- Susanne!" Keith grins sarcastically.

Rolling my eyes I switch off the light and curl up next to Keith.

-------

Over the next few weeks, I spend a lot of time with Roger, making sure he's never alone for a second. We go out for dinner on nights when Keith goes to parties with John and Pete. On one of those nights, we were having lamb when a photographer snaps a picture of us. Then several more before Roger politely asks him to leave.

"I've seen them everywhere, getting pictures of the band. Its quite annoying." Roger chugs back his white wine as if to seal his statement.

I wake up the next morning to find Keith gone, his side of the bed cold. I get up and shower, then head down to the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast. I see Pete and Karen in a corner table, Karen is following the band on Pete's budget. John is sitting with a girl I've never seen, she looks like a groupie, but Keith and Roger are nowhere to be seen. I eat and go back to my room, feeling a bit lonely, and fall asleep watching The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

I wake up again hearing the door open and shut. I see Keith come in, a worried look on his face, and he sees me awake.

"Hey, Moonie, where ya been?" I ask.

Keith sits by me and kisses my temple. "Kenleigh, what if I were to do something horrible, would you forgive me?" Keith's hands are shaking. Oh, God, what's happened?

"Keith, what's happened? What did you do?" Was it dynamite? Fireworks? Molotov cocktails?

"Well, I saw this picture in the entertainment sectors of the paper... it was of you and Roger having dinner last night... and the caption said, Is drummer Moon's girlfriend cheating on him with singer Daltrey?... and I sort of lost it." Tears well up in Keith's eyes. "I went to Roger's room, and I don't know what I did or why I did it...Kenleigh, Roger's in the hospital."