chapter 2

Gine sat watching her daughter intently. For the last few days Sarada had been acting odd. She was blanking out more often than usual. Her amount of blanks was already at a high number. It went up almost twice as much and she wasn't paying much attention to anything at all. She spent more days in her little lab,working frequently on her projects,rushing to finish them. She refused to go on any missions that would take more than a week. She only took jobs that would last a day at least. She spent more time around the house and less time training. She would sit in front of her younger brother's incubator chamber for hours all while thinkering with some thing or another. Gine knew something was on her daughter's mind,but what it was she didn't know. Sarada doesn't talk much after all. She handles most of her problems on her own, if she has any. She's a very mature child. Even so Gine couldn't help but worry. Her daughter was obviously thinking over or planning something. Something big.

~~~~~~~

Bardock was unsettled. Halfway through with his mission he got a call from Frieza ordering all saiyans to return for a meeting. It didn't sit right with him. Why would Frieza call them all in for a meeting? They didn't have to be in one place. Frieza could just broadcast it...they had the technology. Something wasn't right. He had a very bad feeling that has just been gnawing at his gut. He was quiet the entire trip back to his home. He was running things through his mind. So many thoughts and questions as to why they were actually being called back,but through all of them one kept screaming at him.

Frieza wanted them dead.

Since the very day Frieza was made their new leader he predicted this. He had a strong feeling that Frieza would get rid of them. He kept a close eye out. Frieza had the power to take out an entire planet,it would be no trouble at all to wipe them off the face of the universe.

He wasn't the only one suspecting of Frieza. He noticed his daughter's behavior. She's naturally quiet and it's hard to read her, but he's her father. He would notice a change in her eyes whenever she looked at a scouter or any of Frieza's men. Her face would remain emotionless, but her eyes would fill with distrust. Hate even. He knew of the scouter she had snatched and knew she had somehow disconnected it from Frieza's network. How she did it,he didn't know. She would spend hours in that little shed and he would notice. She would wear the scouter and lean back casually,almost as if she was listening to something. Something through the scouter.

Bardock was sure that his daughter would have the answers he seeked even if they end up being half and half. Sarada had an idea of what's going on.

Once the ship landed he was the first one out. He ignored the calls of his team mates as he made a beeline to his house. He needed to confirm his theories. The only one who could do that was his daughter. She knew. He knew she knew. She knew something.

"Gine" He walked into his house and was happily greeted by his wife. "Where is Sarada? "

"Her usual spot" Gine said with a hint of worry. "She's been acting strangely lately"

That made Bardock even more sure of himself. His daughter knew.

He walked out to the shed to find his daughter casually leaned back with the scouter on. Her gadgets were neatly spreading before her. She finished fixing them up to her benefit and now she just waited. She had no problem with waiting. She does some eavesdropping as well.

"Sarada"

She opened her eyes to look at her father. Her calm black eyes met his fierce ones. She took the scouter off and handed it to him. He didn't hesitate to don it. He adjusted it carefully and listened. A conversation.

"Are all the monkeys back yet, Zarbon?"

"Not all of them, but it's just a matter of time, my Lord"