Chapter 30

Sarada had her hands in her pants pocket as she returned Yemma's stare. The air between them was cold and Kami stood aside after he had received a deadly glare from the ogre. He remained quiet as two of the strongest creatures he knew stared each other down. He has to pass through Yemma to get Sarada to king Kai. Sarada had already brought it to his notice that Yemma may not like her because of the fact that she was somehow reincarnated and the fact that she was a working saiyan. So bad karma was definitely there and he needed to clear the air if Sarada couldn't get herself out of this

"You" Yemma suddenly said. He sounded angry. Sarada said nothing and kept her blank stare. "You of all people. Kami, what in the world are you thinking making her your successor? She's not supposed to be here. I don't even know how she was born or where the hell she came from. She is the peek of oddities. And she's a saiyan no less. Do you know of the things she did? "

Kami sighed and glanced at Sarada. The last sentence seemed to have made her falter. She had looked to the ground in what Kami could read as shame. It's the first he had seen Sarada look guilty.

"I know all of that Yemma, but she's a pure soul. I can sense that. There's not a slither of evil in her heart" Kami defended the child. He could understand where Yemma was coming from but Sarada had told him everything. Well nothing about her past, but she did tell him why she could not go against her orders.

Yemma scoffed and eyed the quiet Sarada.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself? "

Sarada looked up at the giant. She sighed.

"I apologize for everything, but I didn't really have a choice. The only reason I was alive was because my parents promised my loyalty to the king. I was constantly being monitored by the bastard. I had no choice. If I had went against orders I could have been killed and there was no knowing what he would do to my family. I needed to stay alive so I could save my mother and younger brother. I didn't like the job I did and spared as many lives as I could." Sarada explained.

Yemma said nothing. His arms were folded. The child was genuine. He could feel her guilt. He sighed. It was unlike Saiyans to be so compassionate and emphatic . He was skeptical about her.

"What about your presence in this universe? " she was reincarnated and he did not know how. She was not from that realm. She was not a soul he managed. She shouldn't be there. To make things worse, she had memories of her former life. Reincarnated souls were not supposed to remember their former life.

Sarada sighed again. That was something she could not explain.

"Yeah I have no explaination for that. I don't even know how or why I was pushed into this universe and realm but I was and it wasn't something I asked for. This wasn't even my favorite realm"

"So you would have prefered another realm. Another life? "Yemma was starting to pull up his dislike for the child again. He did not like those who are ungrateful for another chance of life.

"At first, yes. I would have preferred another realm. In this universe you have to be strong or you die. It wasn't something I looked forward to, but that's not to say I was not grateful. I have a family now. Mom. Dad. Stupid Raditz. Adorable Kakarot. Panchy. The Doc. Tights, even though we don't see each other much and Bulma. I never had that before. I never had family. So I was grateful. This realm may not have been my most favorite but I have everything I ever wanted here and wouldn't trade it for anything" She really wouldn't. She loved how things turned out. She got to experience a mother's love. A father's pride. An elder brother's ignorance. A younger brother's adoration. She had a genuine friend in Bulma. Someone who loved practically everything she did. She had Panchy, the one person who absolutely loved to cook for her. She had the doc, who did anything he could to help her in her endeavors.