Zeref x Reader- What Does Love Feel Like?

He just sat there under the tree, crying into his palms. His body shook and his black hair bounced around from the movement. The wolf that lied in front of him was motionless. Even if the wild dog had tried to attack me, he still blamed himself.

I wanted to do something for him, but I couldn't. I had to sit 20 feet away from him at all times, that was his rule. And if he were to yell, I was to leave.

I felt something tap my nose and I looked up to see grey clouds overhead. I smiled, allowing the the fresh drops of water to fall on me.

Returning my attention to Zeref, I saw him watching me carefully. I smiled, causing him to blush and look away, knowing he had been caught. Sighing, I leaned back against the stump and closed my eyes, not really caring about the rain as it poured down.

A few animals came by and sat on the stump with me, all the while I could feel his eyes on me. I hated seeing him like this. It's not like he wants to hurt anyone, if it was up to him he wouldn't hurt a fly. All he wanted was to be cared for. He wanted to know what a hug felt like and what it was like to be loved. And I could give him those things if he'd just let me.

"(Y/n)..." I opened one eye and glanced over to him. He looked almost desperate. It took all I had not to go up to him because I knew he'd just disappear again if I did. Soon his face changed to one in pain and he clutched his head in his hands, screaming out. A dark aura surrounded him as he cried out, growing larger with every passing second. "GET OUT OF HERE (Y/N)!! RUN!"

I wanted to obey him, make sure he doesn't run again, but my feet wouldn't move. I stood up and tried to head in the opposite direction, but my feet betrayed me. I was running towards him, the poor boy who was crying and screaming in agony. Once I reached him I wrapped my arms around him tightly and buried my head into his chest. The pressure from the dark aura was pushing against me, trying to make me stay. He stopped his cries and started to panick, trying to push me off.

"(Y/N)! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LEAVE! IF YOU DON'T, YOU'LL DIE!"

"NO!" He kept pushing my shoulders trying to get me away but I wouldn't budge. I tightened my grip and held onto him for dear life. "If I'm going to die, at least let me die in your arms." He let go of my shoulders and let his arms fall to his side. The pressure had begun to lessen and I pulled away to give him a teary smile. "At least now you know what a hug feels like."

His face dropped and he hugged me back, holding me as if I were a precious doll. His body shook again and he hid his face in my (h/c) hair. After a while he pulled away and looked at me with confusion swirling through his black orbs. I cocked my head as he brushed my now soaking hair.

"Y-you're... You're alive.." He laughed a little and hugged me tightly. "You're alive!" I hugged him back, smiling to myself.

We hugged as the rain fell onto us for what seemed like hours. I was finally able to hold him, repay him for saving my life so many times. He stroked my hair and held onto me as if I could vanish in an instant. I drew small shapes on his cloak and played with his necklace as we sat with each other.

I smiled and thanked my past self for learning the magic of fairies, the one thing that brought him and I together. I was the light and he was the dark, I would protect him from going to the dark side at any cost. I will show him what it's like to be loved.

Hey! So I hope you liked this Yukki! If not I'm sorry ;-;! And I'm sorry if it's kind of short, I tried to make it longer but I couldn't find anything else to fit in there. So thank you for reading!!

And the picture is supposed to be when you hug him and he places his arms down! Hope you enjoyed.