Jellal x Reader- Coming Back Home (2)

*This is going to be before the 1st Jellal one-shot I did, so you should read that one if you haven't already ^-^*

"I wonder where it is.." I was looking through the books on the shelves of the closest bookstore. I was trying to find the one that my friend recommended to me, 'The Faulty Stars', but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. "Ugh... It's hopeless..."

Just as I was giving up, I saw the title on the very top shelf, just out of my reach. I looked around for something to help me up and saw a step ladder. Grabbing it and placing it where it needed to be I began climbing the wobbling object. My fingers brushed against the book once or twice before I finally grabbed it.

"Yes! Fina.. Woah!" In mid victory cheer, the ladder fell over, sending me flying. "Ow..." When I got up, rubbing my soar rear, I was met with vibrant blue hair. Realizing I had I landed on the bluenette, I jumped up quickly to apologize. "I am so sorry! I-I didn't mean it! I hope I didn't cause you too much pain."

"It's fine, I've had worse." The stranger stood up and laughed as he brushed off his clothes. "Besides, it's better you're not hurt." He turned to smile and I couldn't help but blush, he's so hot!

"Still, is there anything I can do to make it up to you? I did knock you over and then sit on you." He placed his hand under his chin as if he was deep in thought and then snapped his fingers.

"How about a coffee? You pay of course." He smiled and I laughed, agreeing to the conditions. After I payed for the book I took him across the street to the best coffee shop in town. Once we ordered we walked out onto the quiet patio and sat under the awning.

"The Faulty Stars? You're into these kinds of books?" He gave me a teasing smile and I grabbed the book out of his hand.

"Well I don't know yet. My friend recommended it so I had to try it." The bluenette laughed causing his brown eyes to shine.

"You know, I never got your name. I should know it since you bought me coffee."

"(F/n) (L/n). What's yours?" He shook his head with a small smile and looked down at his coffee. "Aw come on, I should know the name of my hero." I winked and laughed which caused him to playfully shake his head.

"I'll write it out but don't say it, alright?" I nodded, agreeing to the arrangement and watched as he careful wrote his name on a napkin.

"Jellal Fernandes.." I whispered it to myself and smiled. After my coffee was finished I stood up and looked at Jellal. "How about dinner tonight? I still feel bad about earlier. And before you say anything, I won't take no as an answer." His cheeks grew a little red and he continued to smile as I wrote on the other side of his napkin. "Here's my address, be there by 7, bye." I winked and walked off to my place to get ready.

-------

*knock knock knock*

"Coming!" I checked my appearance once more and then opened the door, revealing a very handsome Jellal. I blushed a deep red and walked out, locking my door. When I turned to him he held out his hand which I gladly accepted.

"You look lovely tonight, (y/n)." I smiled and looked away to hide my red cheeks, causing Jellal to chuckle. We made it to the restaurant down the street and were seated immediately. "Wow, you think you'd need a reservation or something for a place like this." I laughed at his amazement as he looked around the nice restaurant.

"It's just the looks, it's really easy to get in." He nodded and then took out his menu. After we ordered I looked at the handsome bluenette in front of me as he continued to look around. "So, do you think we'll be able to anything like this again?" I asked with a little bit of hope tied in those words. His face dropped and he looked down at the table, signaling bad news.

"Sorry (y/n), but I can't stay here for too long. In fact tonight's my last night in town." He sighed and looked away, his eyes full of sorrow and regret.

"That's alright, I understand." As I shrugged it off he turned towards me with confusion clearly visible on his features.

"Actually, I don't think..." I placed my hand up and cut him off.

"I understand Jellal. The Council will catch up with you, won't they?" His face changed from confusion to fear as I spoke.

"How did you know?"

"It's not hard. When I got home I did some research. Since you were so hesitant to say your name out loud I wanted to know why, but I understand now." I gave him a smile and placed my hand in his. "I won't say anything. I'm honestly glad that you gave me this time, because it's the most fun I've ever had."

His features softened and he actually smiled, placing a kiss on top of my hand. When our food came, we pulled apart and he told me about everything he had been through as we ate.

-------

"(Y/n)." I looked away from the waiter who was taking out plates, back to Jellal, who was currently standing above me. I raise my eyebrow and he just playfully rolled his eyes as he stuck his hand out."Can I have this dance?"

"There's no music." I laughed and the second I finished my sentence the sound of a piano played through the dining hall. Jellal smirked as I grabbed his hand, allowing him to pull me to the dance floor. "How did you do this?"

"When I went to the bathroom awhile ago, I figured I'd ask. Plus it seems like something you'd read in a book." His eyes shined in excitement and confidence as I laughed and placed one hand in his and the other on his shoulder. He slowly spun me around the dance floor to the beat of the song and I couldn't help the smile that formed the longer we went. Near the end he pulled me in, wrapping his arms around my waist and with my arms around his neck, and placed his chin on my shoulder.

"You so beautiful, (y/n)." I didn't say anything, just blushed and buried my face into his chest. "I want to thank you, for everything today. Not only the coffee and dinner, but for not freaking out and running away when you found out who I was." I pulled back and looked at his eyes as they gleamed from the dim lights surrounding us.

He grabbed my chin and placed his lips on mine. Not even thinking, I kissed him back, enjoying the warmth from his lips on me. He pulled away soon after and rested his head on mine. "Will you be here when I come back?" I placed my hand on his cheek, gently stroking his tattoo with my thumb and nodded.

"I'll always wait for you, Jellal." Agreeing, I kissed him again, not caring about the stares of others as we continued to sway with only the memory of the rhythm to our song.

I really hope you guys enjoyed. I figured I'd do another Jellal one since personally the 1st was my favorite. So I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! (Credit to Chester See for such an amazing song!)