Natsu x OC

So I guess I'm doing OC's now! I'll update the introduction with the small form to fill out if you want one. And thanks to Emma_Heartstone for the request. And just for reference, I am not against Lucy in anyway, it was just for the sake of the story. Enjoy!

Emma's P.O.V.

"Stupid Natsu... Ditching me all of a sudden... For that blonde bimbo." I grumbled to myself as I walked over to the mayor's office in Shirotsume. I was supposed to be with Natsu since its been months since our last job together, but instead he ditched me Lucy... again.

"Emma, you're starting to sound like Juvia." Riku, my little exceed said from his place on my shoulder.

"Whatever, I don't need Natsu's help. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of some dumb monster all on my own." Smiling to myself in an attempt to ignore the annoying pain in my chest, I opened the doors and was escorted to the mayor.

After a quick debriefing, I was lead to the entrance of the woods. "Thank you so..." As I turned around to thank the man who walked me I saw him running back towards town. "much." I finished quietly.

"Tch, such a gentleman." Riku said sarcastically as we walked into the trees.

Wow, is the monster really that scary? I thought to myself.

"Now if I was a giant monster, where would I be?" I tapped my finger against my chin as I looked at my surroundings. "Cave? No, that's been done before. Lake? No, there's no water near here." I came to a stop and snapped my fingers. "I know! He'd be hiding in plain sight." As I patted myself on the back I took off in a random direction.

"That's the dumbest idea ever!" Riku yelled from behind me but I paid no attention to him. I ran for only about twenty minutes when I came across a large clearing.

I walked around and looked about, but nothing seemed to be out of place. "Maybe I can smell him." I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply but unfortunately didn't smell much. "Man, if only Natsu were here, he could sniff out anything." Just as I turned around to search some place else the ground beneath began to shake. "What the-"

"Emma! Watch out!" Riku shouted and grabbed me just before I fell. Looking down the monster stood up at least 20ft in the air. He was as green as the grass and trees around him and he had spikes running along his back. When Riku sat me down I looked around and noticed that he had been hiding in a hole to disguise himself as grass.

"I was right!" I smiled and jumped happily, doing my victory dance. "And you said it was dumb." I smirked as I pointed to Riku in the middle of my dance.

"Do you really think now's the time for that!?" Riku shouted and I stopped to look at him.

"Right, sorry about that." My smile dropped and I turned serious as I faced the monster. I tightened the sparkly white scarf around my neck and took a stance, watching him intently. I should strike the knees, but his gut seems to be his weak spot. I thought as I tried to come up with a strategy in my head.

He swung his tail at me and I jumped up, just barely missing me. "Screw it." I mumbled to myself as I saw an opening. "Water dragon, wing attack!" I shot water towards his side but it didn't seem to faze him.

"Maybe here." Running towards him, I took out my silver sword and jumped to get the knees. When I landed I looked behind and saw he wasn't hurt at all. I stood up and he swung his tail, this time knocking the sword out of my hand. "Damn." I muttered and glared at the beast before me.

"Water dragon, roa-ah!" He stomped his foot and I lost my balance. The force of the shaking and the unsteady ground where he was hiding caused the ground beneath me to break. I fell, not far, but enough for it to hurt.

"Emma! Are you alright?" Riku asked as he flew in with me.

"Yeah I'm fine, but I need you to go somewhere safe, okay?" With tears in his eyes he nodded and flew out to hide. Sighing, I started my climb back up out of the ditch. "I should've had Riku help me." I whined but finally reached the top.

"That's it, I'm not playing around anymore." I took a deep breath and ran at him with everything I had.
----

"Dammit." I jumped back and grabbed my side that now had a huge claw mark in my side. I fell to my knees and hissed at the pain. "This was my favorite shirt." Somewhere during the fight I lost my scarf, the one my dragon gave me. But right now I needed to worry about the fact that I was running low on magic energy and blood. Just as the monster raised his foot above me, a giant flame came out of the trees and knocked him back.

"Natsu?" He stood in front of me protectively and smiled down at me. Before I could say anything he dropped my scarf into my hands.

"Use the last bit of magic you have left to heal yourself." I nodded and did as he said. Water formed around the wound and it instantly stopped bleeding and started to close up.

I watched as Natsu beat the monster, taking a razor sharp scale as proof and a souvenir. He pulled me up and we started walking back before I pulled his arm to stop him.

"Why did you decide to come now?" I asked with my brown hair covering my eyes.

"What are you talking about? You wanted to go on this mission with me remember?" He asked and I clenched my fists in anger.

"I know that! But, I thought you went with Lucy on a mission." He cocked his head to the side and I sighed in annoyance. "You didn't show up at the train station like we agreed, Natsu. You said you'd be there at 7 and you didn't show up." After a little longer of him staring at me like I had grown a tail, he nodded in understanding.

"I see now, you're confused." Now it was my turn to stare at him. "You told me 8 o'clock so I got there at 8 and you weren't there."

"What are you-" I cut myself as I remeber telling Natsu to meet me there by 8.... Not 7. My cheeks started to burn and Natsu started to laugh. "C-cut it out! You're not helping!" I tried to run but he grabbed my wrist and dragged me back into his bare chest, which only deepened the blush.

"Why would you think I ditched you for Lucy?" He asked as amusement swirled in his black orbs. "Was it because you were jealous?"

"What!? N-no... That's not it!" My cheeks were practically melting now. What happened to him? I thought he was totally clueless!

"Oh I think you were." Natsu grabbed my chin and slowly brushed his lips against mine. He pressed his warm lips against mine for a short second before he quickly pulled away. I was going to ask why but knew once I saw two exceeds in the background.

"Come on Natsu! I'm starving." Happy complained and Riku mimicked his belly rubbing motion.

"Alright little buddy!" Natsu called out and turned to me. "We'll finish this later." My breath caught in my throat and Natsu dragged me back towards the town with the exceeds.

Hey! So I hope you enjoyed and if not please let me know and I will do another one, if you want. Thanks to all my lovely Duckies for reading and for getting this book so many chapters and reads. It means the world to me. So please keep reading and requesting!
~Tay