•2• I love you too Will

Will arrived home, after he realized that for some reason there was no one at the cabin he just locked the door and finally let out all the tears he had been holding, then he started to slide his back down against the front door crying and letting out small sobbs.

His clothes were all wet due to him biking down the pouring rain.

Great, just great.

But he couldn't care less, he just wanted to let everything out of him, so he just stayed there.

He was already regretting telling Mike about his feelings for him, he truthly felt that he fucked up everything between them, that Mike hates him now and his friend won't talk to him in forever.

But he couldn't be more wrong, Mike was right on his way to the cabin, even though the dark haired boy was focusing on the road, his mind was somewhere else.

He is in LOVE with me? Since when? How? Why?...I love him too? I mean of course I love him but not like that, right? Agh I mean I love that smile, that sparkle he's always had, those big brown eyes, that cute bowlcut, that-wait what?! Fuck! What if I have liked him all this time?! Have I? No, no, I like Eleven right? But she doesn't compare at all with Will. Will is more...more...beautiful?

It was a lost case, his mind was a complete mess, maybe when he gets to the cabin his thoughts will be clearer.

Mike soon found himself in front of the cabin, the rain turned into a storm pretty fast so he needed to do this quickly.

Will was still crying at the other side, his hands trying to wipe his tears away, he wished he never said anything to Mike so this won't happen and so his heart won't ache this much- but the brunette suddenly heard a voice from the outside of the cabin, taking him out of his thoughts: Wiiiilll??!! Are you there?! Come on let's talk!!

It was Mike.

Will didn't wanted Mike to see him like this, he just wanted to be alone, or at least that's what he thought at the moment.

Mike was still yelling and knocking the door behind Will! Please! It's cold outside! Please let me in!

But Will was just sitting on the floor with his knees pressed against his chest and his hands were covering his ears so he could just  hear his own sobs and not the yelling Mike behind him.

The taller one grew worried when he suddenly heard sobs from inside the cabin, Will's sobs, the sound made Mike's heart ache.

"I know you're there you don't have to answer just listen to me please" He let out a sigh, he felt bad for the brunette boy, he didn't want him to cry or to feel bad.

"It's ust so so complicated, I really can't be more confuse right now, it's just so much going trough my mind that I'm not sure about anything anymore. I just- I-" He let out a frustrated sigh this time, trying to put the correct words together, and then he spoke again.

"I don't know how to say it, Will you're amazing, my best friend! I don't want us to be apart anymore, but there's something pushing me away from you, something that just don't let me and I don't know what it is! I miss when we used to play d&d, to listen to your tapes on afternoons so we could dance and sing along with them, to have sleepovers and see you fall asleep in my arms while I was holding you, I miss being kids, everything was more simple back then, the warm that I feel when I'm with you is irreplaceable, I really like your personality, your smile, your eyes, your lips...? Will, I think I love you too, like, really love you..."

Then Mike went silence, there was still no response from the smaller boy but he still wanted to say something more.

Since he didn't hear Will crying anymore he supposed he was still listening.

"If you were wondering what I think of you liking boys, It's totally fine Will you don't need to wait until someone tells you if it's right to like something or not, it's your decision, don't let others try to change you ,because we love you like that, I love you like that. I'm sorry for what happened today I didn't meant to be rude. Hopefully we can talk tomorrow" Mike was sad now, he just wanted to hug his friend and tell him everything was okay so they could talk, his fist was about to knock the door once again but he stopped his actions and just decided to let Will have his space.

"Well goodnight Will." with that, Mike got on his bike and started riding home before the storm could get worse.

He arrived to his house pretty quickly and went straight to sit on the couch of his basement with some of Will's drawings on hands, ones that the smaller boy has gave him through the years and that Mike always kept, he started to look at each of them carefully, like if they could break in any second, then he found himself staring at a specific drawing on his hands: one that Will gave him some years ago, one where he draw him and Mike sitting on the swings, a portrait of when they first met.

Mike could remember that day perfectly, the day that changed his life.

A bunch of memories of him and Will starting running through Mike's head, making him smile and realize how he has probably loved the brunette for more time than he thought.

° . 🌈 . * 🍭 ° . 🍰 *
967 words

Edited - April 15th
11:38 pm