•3• I dump your ass

Both, Will and Mike couldn't really sleep last night, mostly Mike, the thought about being in love with his best friend and never realized it until now was haunting him, he had too much doubts and questions and it drived him insane.

The only thing he knew well enough was that he loved Will, and for now, that was enough for him to know.

After analyzing the situation he got the conclusion he had to break up with Eleven, in fact he was not one hundred percent sure if they were still dating.

After the Byers moved Mike used to call her everyday, but after a while he couldn't because she was always busy talking to Max, that's when he started calling Will more often.

Mike was kinda scared about breaking up with Eleven, specially about telling her the reason why, but he knew she'll understand, she always did and that thought made the boy calm down a little bit.

So, early in the morning, he arrived to Eleven's. He stood up outside the cabin and the memories of last night made him feel goosebumps.

Will was currently at Lucas house so he would not be at home for a couple hours.

Mike nocked the door and soon a smiley Eleven opened it.

"Mike!" she said pulling Mike into a hug, that was pretty much the way she greeted everyone.

"Hey El!" he said also hugging her and then he pulled away, with a little smile on his face.

"I need to talk to you" he said now in a more serious tone.

"About what?" the brunette girl asked tilting her head to the right.

"It's something... complicated" he said, shrugging a bit.

"Can I come in?" Mike finally asked, he was now more confident about talking with the girl.

Then, they both entered to the cabin and made their way to Eleven's bedroom.

When Mike came inside the bedroom he was surprised. Eleven decorated her room again, even though she wasn't staying here that long, there were lots of posters and drawings Max and Will gave her and she pined them on the walls, not drawings about Mike or stuff like that anywhere anymore. "Can't Fight This Feeling" was playing on the background.

They both sat down on Eleven's bed, facing eachother.

"Can I- can I turn off the music?" Mike asked, that song gave him lots of thoughts and memories that didn't let him focus on what he was going to say.

"But I like the music" Eleven said pouting a little.

Will introduced Eleven to music, even before becoming siblings, but since they lived together Will used to put music everyday and Eleven loved listening to it, it was there when Will made Eleven a tape, a tape with her favorite songs including some of the songs Max introduced to her, and now she just couldn't live without music.

"Well can I at least change the song?" Mike asked, hoping the girl would agree.

Eleven didn't wanted to change it, mostly because Will has told her a thousand times that it was one of his favorites, so it was of Eleven's favorites too, but she decided to make an exception, just for Mike.

"Okay" she simply said. Mike then changed the song and "Another One Bites The Dust" started playing.

"So what do you want to tell me?" Eleven asked with a curious face and raising an eyebrow to the boy.

"It's about... Will" Mike said.

"Will?" She asked with a frown.

"Well it's actually not only about Will is also about us"

"Us?"

"Yes, us."

"Look El this is actually super complicated to explain but-
Have you ever liked someone
else?" Mike asked, trying to tell the brunette girl in the correct way what he wanted for her to understand.

"I'm... I'm not sure, why?" Eleven actually knew who she has liked besides Mike, but she lied, something not common in her, she just wasn't ready to say it.

"It's just- I-I think I-" Mike stuttered, he had troubles with talking lately, he was just really nervous, fuck he muttered under his breath.

"Mike you can tell me." Eleven told the boy, giving his a smile.

"Promise me you won't get mad at me please." the boy said.

"Promise" this promise made Mike calm down a lot,  but now he didn't know where to start so he said:
"El I like s-someone else."

"What?!" El raised her eyebrows, not in an angry manner but in a surprised one.

"I know, I know let me explain, this person, I have known this person for a really long time and-and I wanna be with this person because he makes me feel...things, like butterflies in my stomach or something like that" Mike said smiling and remembering the way Will makes him feel whenever he's around.

"Butterflies?" the girl asked while furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes, and I don't want you to think that I don't care about you, or that I don't love you, because I do, but things with him feel so different and, I really want to f-feel them." the boy said quietly, looking up at Eleven to see her reaction at his words.

"Him? Who is it Mike?" Eleven asked
"Is it Will?" She said in a pretty excited tone, a little weird Mike would think.

"Yy-yes is Will" the boy finally said.

"So... you wanna dump my ass?" Eleven askes while raising her eyebrows.

"What?! No! Well, not in those words!"
Mike certainly would never tell Eleven that, not like she did with him some months ago.

"So you love Will?" She asked with a little grin on her face. Mike was wondering why she looked so excited about it.

Mike just nodded as an answer.

"He loves you too" Eleven said, smiling even harder.

"I know, he- wait how, how do you know?" Mike asked confused.

"Well... since we're step siblings we've talked! And he once told me about his feelings!" This was true, Will once confessed Eleven his feelings for Mike, it was when Eleven came to him to talk about if it's normal for girls to like girls, he asked why but she didn't answer so Will started to give her an example wich was his feelings for Mike, then Eleven confessed Will that she liked a girl, her best friend specifically.

"Oh...okay" Mike said with a little nod.

"Now what?" Eleven asked giggling a little.

"So...what does Will told you exactly?" Mike asked with big curiosity.

Eleven made sure to tell Mike everything Will has told her about him.

° . 🍫 . * 🧺 °.💌*
1105 words

Edited - April 16th
12:07 am