S2 •20•

Will asked Eleven if he could sleep in her room instead of Max, not really explaining why just that Mike wanted some space, after they all agreed Max took a sleeping bag and walked to Will's bedroom, where Mike was.

She opened the door and looked over to the bed, Mike laying down on it, his hands over his chest and his eyes closed, he was breathing heavy, the ginger finally entered the room with a sigh, closing the door behind her.

"You okay?" Max asked frowning her eyebrows and placing the sleeping back on the floor, the dark haired boy really looked not okay and that started to concern the girl.

Mike sat down immediately, he didn't listen that the girl entered the room until now so he jumped a little when this one spoke.

"N-no" Mike didn't bothered in lying so he just spoke the truth. He didn't even felt okay, he felt bad, for making Will leave and he felt really ashamed of the fact that his boyfriend's friends probably now think that he's weird.

Max sighed and placed her sleeping bag on the floor, next to the bed and sat down on it "What happened?" Max asked, the boy in front of her just shrugged, not really wanting to talk about it, he felt too ashamed of what happened.

"Wanna...talk about it?" the girl asked, the taller boy shook his head, he was still unable to let out proper words so he preferred stay silent, his eyes were still puffy, more tears attempting to come out.

Max bit his lip and stood up, she was growing worried, she stood up and tried to get on top of the bed.

"Move" the girl demanded playfully, Mike hesitantly moved, leaving a free spot for the ginger who quickly sat on the bed, letting out a sigh "If I tell you my problem would you tell me yours?" Max asked softer than before, the boy thought about it for a second and finally nodded.

Max really wanted to talk about her problems, so did Mike but this one was scared to, he did trusted her, they were close friends after all but the boy never liked to talk about things like what happened at the mall.

"Okay so..." the ginger started, laying back on the bed, taking a more comfortable position while she stared at the ceiling.

Mike followed his friend's movements and did the same. Will's bed was not that big so both of them were close to eachother but far enough to give both some personal space.

"I feel jealous, which is weird because I've never really been a jealous person but...Eleven was just paying attention to Beverly today when we went to the mall, I tried to catch her attention but she kept ignoring me, I just hope it's not like that all summer" Max said letting out a sigh, keeping her eyes glued to the ceiling and her hands over her stomach.

Mike listened cautiously, he turned his head a little so he could face the redhead, he wasn't good at giving advices but he tried to.

"I think that's something you need to talk with her, just tell her how you feel" the boy said, he liked to talk with Will about any bother he had because they always figured out how to solve it...well, always except for this time, he told himself that he was gonna talk with the brunette tomorrow.

"Yeah...I guess I'll have to" Max said nodding a little, she definitely needed to talk about it, even when she thought she was being selfish about being jealous for that.

"What about you? What bothers you?" the redhead asked.

"It's dumb" Mike replied while shrugging.

"Hey! You said you were gonna tell me your problem if I told you mine!" Max exclaimed, raising an eyebrow at the taller boy, who sighed loudly.

"Okay okay fine! I'm telling you" Mike finally said, earning a smile from his friend.

"So...today me, Will and two of the losers were at the mall a-and we sat down in some benches, everyone was talking and laughing but I just couldn't join their conversation and...they end up laughing at me because of that, Will included" he said in a low voice, trying to avoid Max's gaze while he spoke. Just the memory of that moment made him feel bad.

"That sucks, is that why you didn't want for Will to stay with you?" Max asked, Mike just nodded in response.

"I'm sure he's sorry for that, sometimes people don't think what they're doing but...mabye this will make Will think twice before doing something like that again" the redhead said, waiting for the dark haired boy's reply.

"Yeah...hopefully, I hope he doesn't think I'm actually upset with him, I do need to talk with him tomorrow" Mike sighed, he hopes everything will go fine tomorrow.

"We'll talk with them tomorrow yup, but now I really want to sleep" Max said standing up and walking towards the lights, switching them off, leaving the room dark.

"I could sleep in the floor if you want" Mike suggested, already getting up but the girl quickly stopped him.

"Ah ah, the floor is much more comfortable and that's why I'm taking it" the redhead affirmed, getting in the sleeping bag.

Mike chuckled a little, laying on the bed again.

"El, I'm telling you, I think Mike is really upset with me, I was really dumb, do you think he'll ever forgive me?" Will asked to his sister after explaining what happened at the mall, he sighed loudly, laying down on his sleeping bag next to Eleven's bed.

"Will, I'm sure he's not actually upset with you but you do need to make it up for him" Eleven shrugged while laying down on her bed.

Will nodded and sighed a little, he turned off the lamp that was previously lighting the room but now it was just darkness.

"I think Max is upset too...I think I ignored her today" the girl spoke after a few minutes and feeling guilty.

She was more used to go shopping with Beverly than with Max by now but that wasn't an excuse for not paying attention to her girlfriend.

"God...I'm a bad person" Eleven said and looked down, only to see his brother already deep in his sleep.

The girl sighed and closed her eyes, promising that she was gonna talk things tomorrow.

1087 words

...four chapters more to go <3