the one where shinee's gone

Taem: I'm lonely.

Nini: What's up?

Taem: all the other guys are out.
They're going to be out all
night and I'm lonely.

Nini: I can come over

Taem: please do?

Kai knocked on the dorm door maybe twenty minutes after the text exchange between him and Taemin. And when Taemin answered the door in only his underwear, Kai knew he was screwed.

"Hey. Thanks for coming over." Taemin said, leading Kai through the dorm and to the room Taemin slept in.

"No problem." Kai replied, trying not to focus on Taemin's body so hard. Trying not to think about all the things they could do.

Kai was glad he had changed into his loose sweatpants from the tight jeans he had on before he left EXO's dorm - his bandmates questioning where he was going, him throwing a mumbled "Taemin needs me." over his shoulder as he walked through the door - because if he hadn't changed, he'd be in trouble right about now.

Of course he'd gotten hard around Taemin before and hell he'd even jerked Taemin off a few times before - but he'd never let Taemin return the favor, no matter how much Taem insisted. Cause Kai knew what Taemin really wanted was for Kai to fuck him and Kai still wasn't ready to give in to that.

And really Kai wasn't even sure what his holdup was. He knew what it had been - he'd found out that Taemin was a virgin and Kai had vowed that he'd wait until he could make sure that not only was Taemin ready, but that Kai could make Taemin's first time special.

But Taemin was ready - that much was obvious from how much he brought it up - and Kai could have made it special by now.

So why hadn't he?

Taemin flopped himself down onto his bed and looked up at Kai, "Come on - just get in the bed. It's not like I'm going to jump on top of you the second you lay down."

Kai shook his head and laid down beside Taemin on the bed. "Feels weird being in Jjong's room."

Jonghyun still wasn't Kai's biggest fan, he'd at least stopped glaring at Kai every time he was over at the Shinee dorm - but Kai was still scared of messing up, of Jonghyun going back to glaring, back to not speaking to him at all. At least nowadays they were on speaking terms, even if it was only a quick hello.

"It's my room too. And besides he isn't here - what Jonghyun doesn't know won't hurt him." Taemin said, rolling away from Kai to face the wall - and damn it if Kai couldn't hear the fucking smile in Taemin's words.

"Sure - you can say that because you're not the one he hates." Kai said, rolling over as well and snaking an arm around Taemin's waist.

Taemin scooted back against him, which was about the last thing Kai needed at the moment if he was truly planning on getting out of the dorm in the morning without having done anything.

"Hey?"

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong Kai? Seriously. I mean why won't you just -?" Taemin said, sitting upright in the bed quickly and turning to look at Kai. "Is it me? If you've changed your mind about us being together or something, just let me know. No hard feelings or anything."