the one with the decision

Jongin and Jongdae were sitting in Jongdae's living room - Jongdae's daughter asleep in her room while they were talking in the living room.

"So how's things been?"

Jongdae nodded, "It's been pretty good - interesting for sure. I mean I thought adjusting to a newborn was an experience, now that she's one it's a whole different ball game."

"You make an amazing dad."

"Thank you, Jongin." Jongdae replied, smiling. "So how has things been for you and Taemin?"

"Things have also been interesting for us recently. We've been discussing the possibility of trying to figure out a way for us to start a family."

"Oh shit - congratulations. I gotta say I'm surprised cause when I told you all I was having a baby and told you I thought you'd be the best dad out of us all, you didnt seem so sure that that was ever going to happen for you guys."

"I wasn't at the time. Taemin and I had only been back together for a couple months at that point, but we've really grown since then and it's just kind of been something that's popped up as a possibility."

"I'm happy for you guys." Jongdae replied, nodding.

"I honestly can't believe we're actually considering this whole thing. I mean it's crazy right? I definitely can't imagine having to tell the world about what we would be doing at that point."

"I can tell you it's absolutely terrifying, but you all got through telling the world about your all's relationship - telling the world you're having a child is only slightly more terrifying than that. For me it was mostly just because of our not married status at the time of admitting we were having a baby - I'm sure that would play into yours as well."

Jongin nodded, "I'd say that would definitely play into my fear of telling the world we'd be having a child if we do go that route."

"I think you guys should, trust me having a child changes your life completely - it's terrifying yet amazing, because you have this little person who's counting on you for everything. I think you two would be some of the best parents out there, Nini."

"I think so too. We're just still in the talking about it phase, we kind of have a plan if we want to go down that route - but it's still just not certain yet."

Jongdae nodded, smiling. "Yeah we didn't really plan on starting a family this soon - so I can't speak to the deciding phase but trust me, starting a family is one of the best things. Plus think about it, if you guys started a family soon we could have playdates and hell maybe if you guys had a son maybe we'd end up as in-laws."

Jongin let out a laugh, shaking his head. "You're thinking far into the future huh?"

"Maybe a little too far, plus I was only joking. If you all had a son and he was like you, I'm not entirely sure I'd approve of my daughter and him."

Jongin raised an eyebrow, "Like me? What's that supposed to mean huh?"

"Have you not seen how you act on stage? That's what that means. You're so... flirty and all on stage - if you all had a son and he was like that, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't exactly want to view him as a future partner for my daughter."

Jongin shook his head, "Like I said - far into the future."

"Either way playdates we could definitely arrange."

"True."

Jongdae laughed, "Look I've just been looking forward to when one of you all would start a family as well. I figure the EXO children are destined to be friends so therefore, all of you need to hurry up and have kids."