the one with the end

Jongin was laying in their bed, eyes shut, listening to Taemin's even breathing. He wasn't sure if Taemin was asleep or not - his breathing was even enough for him to be asleep, but that didn't necessarily mean he was.

They had been up on and off for half of the night with Hansol and so whether or not Taemin was asleep could have gone either way.

There was a question on his mind. One that he wouldn't mind asking Taemin at some point soon, maybe even that same day. It was a question he never really pictured himself asking but Jongin had never been more content in his life.

Things had been good between them for a while. They had been actually making time for themselves as a couple as well as spending valuable time with their sons and focusing on their careers.

And there was certainly no one else Jongin would rather be with in a million years.

"Marry me?" Jongin asked quietly.

Taemin hummed, "Aren't you the same guy who always said he wouldn't get married?"

"I am, but I love you so much." He said, "So, will you marry me? I know it's not ideal because it wouldn't be a legal marriage, but I don't care anymore about whether it would be considered technically legal or not. I just want to be able to say you're my husband."

"We're both extremely busy."

It was true. They both had a comeback coming up. It wasn't really an ideal time for them to decide to do something like that. But Jongin didn't care, they were never really an ideal time for them.

"Anytime, anywhere. I'll clear my schedule for you."

Taemin laughed, "Of course I'd marry you."

Jongin smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too."

Jongin figured they had maybe a good fifteen minutes before either Daehyun or Seojun would be awake - hollering either daddy or appa. And they'd be broken out of their peaceful morning just them.

"Who's morning is it again?" Jongin asked quietly. "It's your morning right?"

"I thought we agreed whoever they hollered for first would be the one to get up." Taemin replied, patting Jongin on the leg.

"Doesn't seem really fair."

"It's as fair as we could get."

It wasn't too much longer when they heard the first holler of the day.

"Appa!" Seojun hollered from the twins room.

Jongin's eyes flew open, glancing over to meet Taemin's. "Looks like it's your morning." Taemin said, smiling at Jongin.

Jongin rolled over, standing up from the bed and stretching. "You put them up to that didn't you?"

Taemin laughed, shaking his head. "How would I put our toddlers up to calling for you in the mornings?"

Jongin shook his head before he slowly made his way out of the bedroom and across the hallway, finding Seojun sitting up on his bed.

"Hey Junnie." He said, walking over and picking up his toddler son from the bed - kissing him on the forehead. "Good morning."

He checked the other bed, finding Daehyun still sound asleep. Jongin walked out of the twins bedroom and back into his and Taemin's room.

"Look who's up, daddy." Jongin said quietly, walking back over to the bed. He set Seojun down onto the bed before climbing back in himself.