the one where they become SuperM

Jongin was going to be seeing Taemin a lot more often than he had planned on. Part of him was excited to see Taemin so much, because there was still a part of him that wanted to win Taemin back. Jongin missed Taemin even if their last conversation hadn't gone the way that Jongin had wanted it to.

Jongin was truly thankful for Jennie because even though he had been a shit boyfriend for the short while they were together, Jennie had told Jongin she'd be there for him if he ever needed someone to talk to - someone who truly understood.

And Jongin had already taken her up on that offer multiple times since then. She had been one of his first calls after finding out about the group and they had had a few long talks since then as well.

The practices for SuperM - as the group had been named - were set to start within a couple days. But today they had a photoshoot that they had to do. It was the first time that they were all going to be in the same room all together.

It was the first time Jongin was going to see him since the argument backstage.

Jongin had been surprised every time Kibum had called him after having enlisted in the army, wanting to check in on him and see if Taemin was still being distant - Key's way to describe whatever it was Taemin was doing.

Jongin knew Key was trying to check up on both of them, that he felt like he needed to, and Jongin wasn't going to turn down the shoulder to practically cry on - even if was just through short phone calls here and there. It helped to have one more person he could openly vent to.

Jongin had just finished getting changed into his photoshoot outfit, and was walking into the room they had them in when he saw Taemin standing off to the side - talking to the two guys who came from WayV to join SuperM, Lucas and Ten.

And honestly he didn't like the way Lucas was looking at Taemin - it was probably just Jongin being a jealous ex, scratch that it was definitely Jongin being a jealous ex boyfriend - but he didn't like it.

No time like the present, Jongin. Suck it up and get it over with. He told himself as he walked across the room.

As soon as he was within hearing distance he spoke up, "Good to see you again, Taemin Hyung. And its great to finally get to meet you guys. I'm Jongin." He said, holding out his hand first to Lucas and then Ten.

"Pleasure to meet you, hyung." Ten replied, flashing a smile at Jongin. Lucas had a small smile on his face.

Taemin looked over at Jongin, "It's good to see you again too."

Jongin glanced around the room, finding Baekhyun off to the other side talking to Mark and Taeyong. "It's crazy we're all a group now, huh?"

"Definitely so. That's what we were just telling Taemin hyung about, that we were shocked when we found out that we would be in a group with you all."

The photoshoot had passed by easily enough and honestly there were more than a couple moments throughout it where things almost seemed back to normal between Taemin and Jongin. It seemed to Jongin like it would almost be like Taemin would forget that they weren't together for a split second here and there - and Jongin couldn't lie about the fact that it was nice for those few moments throughout the photoshoot.