A Much Needed Talk

Ruby had tears in her eyes as she looked at you and Summer.

Summer: Hey

Jaune and the rest of team NJR stepped back as they looked to one another

Then you felt something hit you and everything went dark.

(Summer's POV)

Summer contained her laughter as she saw Ruby punch you full force and you went flying knocked out cold.

Qrow: Told him, Idiot.

Qrow said as he facepalmed. Much to my amusement. I then decided it was time for a little possessed by me fun. I then possessed him and began to talk to Ruby as we walked to a rest area.

(Timeskip)

Around a campfire You (Now Awake), Summer (Ghost), Ruby, Qrow, Jaune, Ren, and Nora and sit on four logs positioned in a square. Qrow has just finished telling the story of the Maidens.

There is silence and Qrow takes a swig from his flask. He has a bandage wrapped around his abdomen over his clothing.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: (sighing) Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they cared about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option is someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined, in a way. Execpt in Y/N's case but his amount of powers are unknown.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Summer: Well, you see. . .

You: I think I absorbed part of the Maidens power the night the tower fell.

They all looked at you confused.

Ruby: but you are not a. . . wait are you a girl!?

You laughed at this.

You: No, you see I think my Semblance allowed for me to absorb part of the Fall Maiden's power when she stabbed me.

Everyone looked at you in shock.

Jaune: But that's what you were trying to do to ... the night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know is Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: (looking angry) So you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: We didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her the choice, and she chose. You were there, you heard her.

Jaune hangs his head for a brief moment before getting up and walking several feet away from group. Qrow watches him go.

Ruby: That guy, Tyrian  - why was he after me?

Qrow: (sighing) Well, you definitely painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you having Silver eyes is a rare trait. And the fact that you were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. Those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you in order to make sure you were safe. All of you.