Unforeseen Complications

Oscar is seen sitting in a red armchair, nervously looking at the members of Team RNJR as they fawn over him.

Nora: Did he age backwards?

Jaune: He's possessed!

Ren: Or reincarnated!

Ruby: Oh! Isn't it weird?

Oscar: It is very weird, yes.

Qrow: Okay, okay. (he emerges from the kitchen holding a cup in his hand) Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone.

Team RNJR all step back together and nervously chuckle.

Oscar: (to Qrow) Thanks.

Qrow then takes a seat on the couch next to Oscar. Ruby and Nora have taken a seat on the couch perpendicular to Qrow's, while Jaune, You, and Ren remain standing. Oscar then shares a brief look with Ruby, who giggles, causing Oscar to blush as you smile at this. Meanwhile. . .

You: (Thoughts) Must protecc cuteness!

Summer: (Thoughts to you) Ha, we both know he take her.

Oscar: Ah, sorry! (he briefly looks away) It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before.

Ruby: Well, uh. . . we've never really met a person from Remnant with two souls! So, first times all around.

Oscar smiles and chuckles at Ruby before he hears Qrow clear his throat.

Qrow: Not to break up the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?

Oscar: (groans) Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here.

The members of Team RNJR look at him and then to you in confusion.

You: Watch this. For him it is slightly different.

Oscar then lowers his head and closes his eyes. Suddenly, a green aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens up his eyes, which are now glowing greenish-yellow, and he smiles. When he speaks, they all hear a familiar voice overlapping with a bunch of other voices, including Oscar's.

Ozpin: It is so very good to see you again, students.

All of Team RNJR share brief looks of confusion.

Jaune: Wait, what just happened?

Ren: Professor... Ozpin?

Ozpin: Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak.

Oscar: (mentally) Just don't make us do anything embarassing...

Ozpin: I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing.

Nora: And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!

Ozpin: (chuckling) It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor. (he starts to frown) I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry.

Ruby: I mean, it's not your fault.

Ozpin: It's all my fault. (you begin to stop him as he gives a barely noticeable nod as he continues to speak, Qrow gets up and goes back to the kitchen to get something) I once told you that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. I'm... cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form and clearly wasn't my last. It's... an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved.