Nuckelavee and the World Eater

Ruby: Just hold on, Uncle Qrow.

Ruby and Jaune carry Qrow on a makeshift stretcher. Ren  and you are before them on the path, leading the way while Nora brings up the rear. Qrow is groaning in pain and is a touch delirious.

Qrow: Tai. She's not... coming... (grunting in pain) Tai.

Qrow coughs repeatedly.

You: (wispering) I've wondered what is he talking about?

Summer: (w) my death

You: (w) oh

Jaune: He's getting worse.

Ruby: How much farther?

Nora: We've gotta be close.

Ren: Without the map, there's no way of knowing. But I feel like we're close to something.

Ren holsters Stormflower.

Ruby: What is it?

Directly ahead is a fork in the road with a signpost. They are coming from the direction of Higanbana. Kuchinashi and Mistral are to the right, where the land is mountainous. To the left is Kuroyuri, its name crossed out. The path that way remains low ground.

Nora: Hey, hey! Mistral! We're on the right path! Oh...

Ruby: Does it say how close?!

Ren: No. And it looks like the path takes us up the mountains.

Jaune and Ruby set Qrow down.

Jaune: Guys, I don't know if all of us can make that climb.

Ruby looks at Qrow, concerned, before rushing forward to the signpost.

Ruby: Okay. Well, what about this place? (pointing) Kuro... Kuroyuri? Can we get help there?

Jaune approaches.

Ren: That village was destroyed years ago.

Jaune: But if it takes us around the mountains, it's the best bet we've got.

Ren: (sternly) It will take too long.

Ruby: The town would have had a doctor, right? Maybe we could scavenge for medicine!

Jaune: Right!

Ren: (closing his eyes, lowering his head and shaking it) We're not going to find anything! We just have to press on!

There is just a brief moment of silence. Ruby watches him, clutching her hands before her chest.

Jaune: Ren, why are you acting—

Nora: (cutting Jaune off and coming up beside Ren) We can split up.

Ruby: Huh?

Nora: (putting her hand on Ren's shoulder) Ren and I can cut through the mountains while you, Y/N, and Ruby take Qrow around through the village.

Jaune: No, we're supposed to stick together! We keep each other safe!

Nora: We don't have time for safe! If we make it to Mistral, we'll bring back help! If we don't, at least we'll have a better view of the land! Up there, we can see if there's somewhere else we can go!

Ren turns and looks at Nora. They exchange small, affectionate smiles. Still holding his gaze, Nora drops her hand from his shoulder. All four remain silent, feeling the weight of the choice before them. Qrow coughs, making them all turn in concern and giving the motive to continue.

Jaune looks at Ruby before turning to Nora and Ren.

Jaune: OK.

Jaune steps forward and he and Ren hug each other.