The Drinks Are On Me!

When Cubbie and I finally got down the elevator, we were greeted by the guys lounging in the couches in the lobby. The four of them jumped up as we walked out of the elevator and sprinted outside. Cubbie and I shared a look of amusement and followed them out.

We hopped into the car, me behind the wheel, Mark in the passenger's seat, Cubbie behind me, Ponsi next to him and Sean and Isom in the back.

The six of us drove through downtown until we got to Bill's Pub. I drove around the parking lot for a minute before I spotted Sash's sister's car, parked in two spaces to save us one. Sash was leaning against that little black Mustang as I pulled by her and rolled down my window, "Sash!"

"Hey! I saved you a spot!" She smiled and got into the car to move it.

When we parked, I looked back at the guys. "Look, this girl is my best friend and one of y'all's biggest fans, so don't be too mean."

"Well, I think we can do that." Isom laughed.

"Good, now come when y'all want, I'm going to talk to her." I opened the door and hopped out of their rental SUV. "Sash! I'm glad you could make it!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, where are they?" She asked, only focusing on the fact that her favorite band was here.

Sash approached me and I realized what she was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a halter top, black combat boots, her long brown hair was down and teased in a cute, messy way, and lastly, her make up was done darkly and it looked really fancy. To say the least, she looks really beautiful and badass. Suddenly I felt really self-conscious about my Torches shirt and Nike shorts with a little make up and low bun.

"Oh, they're in the car." I replied, trying to clear my uneasy thoughts and extreme feeling of awkwardness.

"Is that their rental?" She asked, tipping her head towards the car.

"Yeah, they let me burrow it."

"Ha." She laughed, looking me up and down.

"What?" I asked, becoming even more self-conscious about myself.

"Nothing."

"Yeah, it's nothing because you're totally the type of person to laugh like that for no reason." I retorted sarcastically.

"Okay, it's just that you're... you're dressed so plainly. You're hanging out with freaking Foster the People and you're dressed like that. Plus, it looks like you took a lot of make up off."

"I did, we just got back from eating dinner not too long ago." I scowled.

"Then why'd you change?" Sash's voice was raising with anger.

"Sash. I was in a freaking Homecoming dress, they made me wear it! Lay off, okay? I changed into this because Sean gave it to me and I wasn't going to ruin my dress!" My voice was slowly raising with anger. "What's gotten into you? You've never acted like this before!"

"Sorry, I guess I'm just nervous about meeting them and about what they're gonna think if me." Sash shrugged and shook her head a little. "I know I talked to them a little at that football game, but we never really said anything to each other. So, that doesn't really count."

"You should be nervous." A voice called form behind me.

Sash squealed with excitement as I turned and was greeted by a not so happy Ponsi. He stepped forward and put an arm protectively around my shoulders, pulling me close to him.

"Hi, Ponsi!" I smiled up at him, hoping to improve the dark mood that had descended over him.

He pulled me even closer and balanced his chin awkwardly on top of my head. Sash's jaw dropped and she rubbed her eyes, clearly trying to see if this was all a dream. "No. Flippin'. Way." She breathed as Mark came and laid a hand on my shoulder while Ponsi released me, but left his hand on my shoulder.