Chapter 16

Ada Johnson's P. O. V

"Look at those two." I grumble to myself as my eyes take in the scene of the sight before me. A derisive snort comes from the woman besides me as she too leans against the desk and watches what I'm watching.

"I swear, the sight makes me sick." Jamie contributes to my loathing of the situation as Chrissie throws her luscious mane of hair back, batting her long lashes as Greg shrugs demurely at her remark.

I've not seen Gregory once this entire day, but when I do he's flirting with Chrissie like it's the end of the world and the only way to us the human civilisation as we know it, is to get into that woman's pants.

Okay maybe I'm over exaggerating the whole thing but I've managed to wake up on the wrong side of the bed today and everything just seems to be grating on my nerves. Chrissies obnoxious laughter being at the top of the list at the moment. However, one good thing has come out of this day.

The assistant besides me groans as she shakes her head when another peel of laughter resounds around the hall. I turn towards Jamie as I give her a grin, finding amusement in the fact that the woman practically despises Chrissie.

"Remind me again why you hate her guts?" I question while Jamie throws her curly hair over her shoulder in annoyance like she does every few moments.

"Because she's a spoilt woman who doesn't know how to treat people right." Jamie grinds out with another look at the sight behind me, out of my view since I'm now turned towards the woman.

"I haven't talked much to her but she does seem stuck u-"

Hey." I feel a cool breath on my ear as an arm wraps around my shoulder, a warm body coming and covering the left side of my body. I can't help myself as I let out a scream at the sudden contact, pushing the person away from me in the same moment. Upon hearing a vibrant and heavy filled laugh, I turn around only to see Gregory bent over, hands on his knees as his eyes squint closed, dimples popping as he laughs and simultaneously tries to catch his breath.

I place a hand on my chest, shock covering each and every inch of my body as I finally let out a laugh. My mind only now catching up to what the heck just happened. Not wanting to be caught talking about the love of his life like that. "Holy crap Greg. You scared me." This only seems to make him laugh harder as chuckles escape his mouth. Bringing a fist to his mouth, he lets a few more laughter included seconds to pass by before straightening up and approaching me.

"I'm so sorry about that. I thought you heard me approaching." Gregory explains sheepishly as he raises a hand to scratch the back of his neck, muscles flexing with the action. Diverting my eyes to his face, I give a shrug. "I was too caught up in my thoughts." Greg nods and once again casually places his arm around my shoulder. I bite my lip at that but don't say anything not wanting him to the think that I feel uncomfortable.

It's anything but that.

The feel of his thick arm wrapped around me has my mind going all sorts of places.

It's almost as if I can feel Gregory staring at my face and when I glance at him through the corner of my eye I actually do catch him staring at me. Blue eyes smiling down at me as he gives me a little smirk. "You look gorgeous, you know that?" I can't help the smile that crosses my face as I flutter my eyelashes at him mockingly, the same as Chrissie did. His own smirk widening in amusement.

"Why thank you. I was waiting for you to compliment me," I say full of sarcasm but then give him a playful nudge, "You don't look that bad yourself. Good but not as good as me of course."My teasing is clear and as I reach for my bag, I hear Gregory let out a grunt.