Chapter 29

Ada Johnson's P. O. V

Peace and tranquility is all I feel surrounding me inch by inch. A warmth that I've never experienced before wrapping around me and cocooning me in to a comforting embrace. An inaudible sigh escapes my lips as the rays of the sun shine down on me.

The wiggling of my body gets stopped by another much bigger body as Gregory tightens his arms around my waist, his head burrowing into the crook of my neck as he swings his leg over mine. It being incredibly evident that the man is still encased deep in slumber as gentle snores leave past his parted lips and tickle the very tender and sensitive skin of my neck.

Curling further into the man, I squeeze my eyes shut further, wanting sleep to come and take me like it has Gregory. It takes a few more minutes of me scowling and scolding myself brain to shut off so I can get some much needed sleep and luckily for me, my eyes start to close once more.

This time I wake up with a start, sitting up as my eyes peer open while also trying to adjust to the blaring sunlight. Raising my hand to my eyes, I rub at them gently so as to get the dust out of my eyes and not deeper into them. One second I'm half awake and increasingly drowsy and the next; I'm screaming my lungs out for all they're worth.

The sight of the person looming in the doorsteps does nothing to ease my screaming as that penetrating stare that roused me from my sleep now digging into me tenfold. Gregory jolts up besides me as my widened eyes keep trained on the person in front of us. His arm immediately coming up to brace in front of me as he moves himself while pushing me back. The wild and alert look goes well with his messy tussled hair and completely ties in with the caught off guard scenario we're facing as of now.

"Ugh. Ada." Gregory groans when he catches sight of who's standing in the doorway, their own once bewildered expression now turning into a scolding glare as their eyes dart in between the two of us. The man lets up his 'on defence' stance as he flops backwards into the bed. Another groan leaving his lips as he furiously rubs his hand up and down his face. Greg doesn't seem too bothered at all while my own lips part in between a mix of embarrassment and shock as they focus finally on the person in the doorway.

"I thought someone broke in or something." He says once more while I gulp in fear at the narrowed eyes glaring down at me.

"Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you." The all too familiar voice of my best friend speaks up, cutting through the tension with a knife.

Well at least I think there's tension. Gregory doesn't seem too bothered about Eva practically burning holes into us but I, sadly, can't say the same.

I fidget in my spot, raising the blanket to my chest so as to cover me. Feeling rather exposed at my current state of attire which consists of Gregory's clothes i.e the same shirt and sweatpants that I changed into yesterday upon arrival. At least I wasn't sleeping in just his shirt even though it did get pretty hot last night and I was very tempted to kick them off in my sleep.

"Greg." Eve grits out as her eyes land on the man still desperately wanting to sleep and not caring for the woman in front of him.

"Why are you even here? I should've taken the spare key off of you." He mutters as he sits up, leaning against the headboard while casually throwing his arm around my shoulder.

Eve pulls herself from leaning against the doorway as she straightens herself up, arms still crossed across her chest as she taps her foot in a rather annoying way as it reverberates through the confines of my mind like a monotonous tune. "Marjorie told me to come get you since you weren't hauling ass to her house. Said she hasn't seen you for a few weeks and isn't happy about it." I furrow my brows in confusion since I know for sure he visited a few days ago when I went to fix the place up a bit. Before I can open my mouth, however, it clicks into place when I realise Marjorie must have heard about what happened and was merely telling Eve this since she doesn't know anything about Greg's precarious situation with his parents.