Chapter 43

Ada Johnson's P. O. V

Stepping up to the quaint bungalow, I take in all the potted plants and climbers creeping up the brick wall as a smile makes its way onto my face. Even though I've been here countless times before, I still adore the sight of this beautiful little house. It's funny how people usually hate the place where they work but Marjorie makes my stay all the much better with her cute little quirks even though I am telling her off nine times out of ten for doing something dangerous. Of course she never listens and I find herself doing the same thing the very next hour but I do keep nagging her.

I wait for Gregory to pull out his set of keys as I take in the ornate door knocker. I've always seen these bronzed lion heads with the mane sticking out in magazines and movies but never one in real life which strikes me as odd for some reason.

I get pulled out of my thought as Gregory tightens his arm around my waist, pushing the door open with his other hand and waiting for me to enter first. None of us alert our presence to the demure woman but I suspect Greg already told her we'd be coming to pay her a visit. Scanning my eyes around the foyer, I walk ahead just a bit and appraise my handiwork as I note how everything is in its place from yesterday. No complaints from my side since I know it'll last this way till I have to come back in on Monday.

"We'll just have dinner with her if that's alright?" Gregory questions as he shuts the door behind him while I nod with a smile on my face.

"Sounds great. As long as you're cooking." I add in with a pause at the end. The man grins down at me with those sparking blue eyes as he leans over and places a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Wouldn't have it any other way," He replies back before heading in the direction of the kitchen while I traipse through the living room only to come up empty. She's usually snuggled away in her reading seat so I wonder where she is now? Deciding Marjorie might be in her bedroom, I make my way towards the room and gently knock on the door just in cases she's decided to sleep. The lack of answer has me starting to get worried and before I know it, I'm plastering the door open only to let out a sigh of bemusement.

Marjorie stares up at me with wide blue eyes, a light blush coating her cheeks before she pulls the comforter up further, trying to hide the evidence.

"Marjorie," my tone comes out in a warning, her already knowing what I'm hinting at. Sadly, my tough façade cracks when she waves a book she had in her hand in the air to dismiss my qualms. The cover itself causing my own blush to sprinkle over my cheeks as I catch sight of a naked man pushed up against an equally naked woman.

"It was just a snack before dinner. What brings you here?" Marjorie's voice changes from nonchalant to excited as she slips out of her bed, the treat of chocolate that she's not allowed to have expressly by her doctors spilling over and onto the covers which she tried hiding it with.

I don't even know where she gets them from. I'm the one that does her grocery shopping and I make sure to exclude everything on the list that the doctor gave to her. Clearly she's been sneaking around.

"Gregory and I decided to stop by and accompany you for dinner." I inform as I rush over to her, aiding her along as her smile grows bigger at the thought of her grandson being here.

"Oh well why didn't you say so." She murmurs before zooming out of my grasp and tottering into the direction of the kitchen where I know Greg is setting up. I follow behind her with a resigned shake of my head, taking one last glance at the bedroom as I shut the door behind me. Following after her, we make our way into the kitchen where Gregory is cooking up a storm while Marjorie peers over his shoulder, well tries to, so that she can see what exactly he's cooking for us to feast on.