Chapter 38

Ada Johnson's P. O. V

The brush glides through my hair not once, not twice but quite a few more times than I could count as I chew on my lower lip. My appearance before me is one of a composed woman, ready to take on the tasks in front of her. However, on further inspection, anyone can see the frantic gleam in my eyes, the way my fingers fidget as they try to follow the path lined by the brush. The slightly crumpled up fabric that edges the ends of my shirt that is tucked into the jeans from the numerous times I have unraveled it only to hurriedly poke it all back in again at the hems of it.

"I'm right here Ada." Greg soothes as he comes up behind me, his reflection in the mirror alerting me of his presence along with his voice. One arm going to wrap around my waist while the other tugs the brush out of my hand. I frown at the loss of the brush, wanting to sit down a few stray hairs so that they don't stick up annoyingly.

"You worry too much love. Trust me, they'll love you for you. Not if you have not one hair out of place."

"I have a hair out of place?" I nearly squeak out, my hands patting down the top of my hair in a rush.

I soft slight stinging sensation erupts on my skin as Gregory swiftly smacks my hands away from my head with a tutting noise aimed at me.

"I was just saying. Jeez babe. You need to calm down." Greg grumbles as he throws the brush behind him onto the bed without turning back, arms wrapping around me and spinning me so that we face each other. An unstoppable pout forms on my lips which he kisses away within seconds, a goofy smile erupting on my face as he tries to deepen the kiss further.

I pull away, ignoring his moans of protest, my hands brushing away at the felt lining his cotton shirt clad chest.

"Your aunt isn't going to come to the house to inspect every nook and cranny you know? I think I should feel offended you cleaned the house from top to bottom like I live in absolute filth or something." He says with a scoff as I grin sheepishly.

"I clean when I'm nervous." Is all he gets in reply, the man not bothering to say anything else as I wrap my arms around him, pushing the both of us into an embrace that will help me seek comfort.

When Gregory had let my maternal aunt know that I was alright with meeting up, the both of us didn't realise she'd reply right away and asking if she could come the very next day. The nerves ate away at me exponentially which led to Gregory keeping me at his house. Even allowing me to invite my aunt and her husband to his house so that I could meet them here. Not that I was ashamed of my apartment, well just a tad, but for some reason, I felt more at peace being in my boyfriends place than my own.

Plus I couldn't exactly kick Sam out of the apartment for the day, she doesn't even know about this whole altercation.

"They should be here any minute now right?" I ask Greg, my voice coming out muffled since my face is shoved into his chest.

"Yup. Any minute now. As soon as this gets too tough for you, just let me know alright?" He asks gently to which I nod.

"I know I've said this before but I'll say it once again. Thank you for your help and support. It means a lot to me. I don't even know if I would have been able to do this or not if you weren't here." Truth and sincerity is what I hope laces my voice as I pull back, looking into Gregory's gorgeous blue eyes to convey my message even more.

"I'll always support you Ada. No matter what." He answers back softly, eyes boring into mine as he dips his head down, our lips meeting gently in a tender kiss. Nothing rushed nor overly slow, just a perfect mix of our affection for one another pouring out in ways we can best convey it.