Chapter 5

"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them." -Nikita Gill.

------------------> "A WITCH," Lord Voldemort began to explain patiently, "is the name given to female magic users or the counterparts of wizards

------------------> "A WITCH," Lord Voldemort began to explain patiently, "is the name given to female magic users or the counterparts of wizards."

Her pretty face lit up with realisation, "Oh..." She then looked at him sceptically, "So, do you kidnap all... witches?"

"Only important ones," he replied.

"Wow!" she said sarcastically, "I feel so special."

"You should," he said.

There was silence for a few seconds.

"Why am I even important?" she asked him confused and a tad frightened.

"Let me tell you a story," he said looking into her emerald eyes, "Fifteen and a half years ago, a war was at its peak. There were three sides to the war- the grey or neutrals, the dark and the light. The Light leader had come across a prophecy, speaking of a chosen one who had the ability to kill the Dark Lord. Unfortunately for him, a spy for the dark had also heard the prophecy and had reported it to his Master. The Prophecy was about a little baby, born to a couple who had thrice defied him, who had the power that he will never have along with the ability to defeat him. So, on the last day of October, the Dark Lord came to the house of the couple and killed them. However, when he was about to kill the baby, something.. unusual happened. The killing curse backfired on him and broke his soul into many pieces."

"That sounds awful." she said with glistening eyes, "How could anyone even think about killing a baby? Let alone take someone's life?"

He looked at her with hardened eyes, "You may have had a sheltered life, but this is the real world. Accept it."

She pressed her lips tightly together but did not say anything else.

After a minute, she asked, "What were their names? The couple and baby, I mean."

He smirked, "The man was named James Potter. His wife was Lily Potter nee Evans."

Her eyes widened, "Lily Evans? Like my aunt Lily Evans? Mum never talks about her... Is it because she was a witch?"

He ignored her questions, "And the baby girl, the chosen one, the saviour of the Wizarding World. She was named Rosalie, after her maternal tradition of naming girls after flowers and Dorea after her paternal grandmother. Her name is Rosalie Dorea Potter."

Her eyes widened once again, her face was sickly pale and she looked to be on the verge of fainting, "Rosalie Dorea?"

He nodded with a smirk.

And then, began the Freaking Out Part Two.

"You're lying. You must be! I am NOT Rosalie Dorea Potter. No way. My- my mother is Petunia Evans and my father is Vernon Dursley. I have a twin brother named Dudley. They are my family. My parents. Not James and-and Lily. No. You're lying." she said hysterically. However, she seemed to be more convincing herself of those lines, then telling him about them. "You're lying." she said again, "And- and how do you know so much about this anyway?"

She had finally asked the right question, it seemed, as Marvolo Slytherin's eyes shined and face lit up with a beautiful smirk.

"Because Rose," he started, a bit dramatically in her opinion. "I am the one who killed your parents. I am the darkest and most feared wizard of all time. I am the Dark Lord Voldem-"

"-Ahhhh! Snake!" she interrupted him as she jumped onto him-again- and put her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly with her eyes closed shut.

"Make it go away, please. I am deathly afraid of snakes. Please take it somewhere else." Rose mumbled into his shoulders, her voice sounding terrified.

And as he lightly patted the girl on her back, who was so frightened of a snake that she had latched onto him of all people, he briefly wondered how Albus would react upon seeing this sight.

This girl was full of surprises.

If anybody asks, and Lord Voldemort would definitely deny it (and give the person a Crucio)- but this time, he did groan.

Loudly.