Chapter 28

"A villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told." -Chris Colfer.

TWO DAYS BEFORE 'THE PLAN' IS EXECUTED:

AFTERNOON:

------------------> AFTER RETURNING from wand shopping and ice-cream, Rose had been pampered and spoilt by well... everybody.

Molly Weasley, the matriarch of the Most Ancient House of Weasley was a red-headed slightly stout woman with a kind face and had fussed over her muttering something about Rose being "too thin".

The Weasley's and a bushy-haired girl with beaver teeth whose name she hadn't bothered remembering, had taken turns explaining about the Magic World and about the evil Dark Lord called Voldemort.

Rose almost snorted at that. She had decided to keep up a sort of facade and let them assume whatever they wanted to. Perhaps they would slip up some information or weaknesses or their unofficial allies so that she could tell Marvolo when they were reunited.

She pretended that it was a play, and this was her role. So she just smiled prettily, nodded her head at the right moments and said, "Wow! I cannot believe that! That sounds so cool!", at cues. If she could fool Aunt Cissa that yes, she thought that the brown dress she was wearing suited her very well; then she sure as hell could fool everybody else easily.

And she did. She had them metaphorically eating out of the palm of her hand.

They were all so sympathetic, and they pitied her for all the 'horrors' she had gone through, that playing a role and fooling them was all too easy.

The only thing she could honestly say she enjoyed was when a sandy-haired man with scars on his face had started narrating tales about her fathers and her mother (?).

The moment was spoilt, however, when Albus Dumbledore had asked her to follow him and had shown her something called a 'Pensive' that is apparently used to store and view memories.

And as she watched Marvolo's -whose birth name she just learnt was Tom- private memories without his prior permission, she somehow couldn't get over what one of the redheads –Ron, her mind supplied- had called Marvolo earlier.

A monster.

Maybe this was the Stockholm Syndrome talking, but that didn't sound like the Marvolo she knew.

Yes, he was racist, a murderer and clinically sociopathic, but he had never been anything but kind to her. (Don't comment on the authenticity of that statement). Sure they teased and taunted each other, but she knew that he would always protect her. No matter what.

Despite being her kidnapper initially, she had formed a strange but strong friendship with him that eventually formed into a beautiful relationship. To the world, he may be cruel, but to her, he was nothing but sweet.