Chapter 6

"Embrace the glorious mess you are." -Elizabeth Gilbert

---------------> "IS IT GONE? Please tell me it is

---------------> "IS IT GONE? Please tell me it is..." Rose whispered pleadingly as she hugged him tighter.

He huffed, "Open your eyes for Merlin's sake! She is just a snake, not a basilisk."

That apparently was the wrong thing to say as she hugged him tighter and buried her head deeper into his shoulder.

If anybody would have seen their position, they would have assumed that they were passionate lovers.

The Saviour of the Wizarding World and the man who murdered her parents.

How pathetically funny!

"Basilisks are real?" she asked frightfully.

"Yes, they are. They are noble creatures, more deserving than a third of the wizarding population," Tom replied.

"Master, who is the hatchling?" asked Nagini curiously as she looked at the beautiful girl clinging to her Master. It made an odd sight, as she was mainly used to them growling at his feet begging for mercy.

"Hatchling? Like a baby snake?" questioned Rose before pouting, "Hey! I am not a baby!"

The great and powerful Dark Lord Voldemort looked at her with curious, disbelieving eyes, "You can understand her?"

The girl-who-lived looked at him confused, "Of course I can... She is a magical snake, is she not? Shouldn't everybody be able to understand her?"

Tom looked at her with a blank face, "While she is a magical snake, there are very few who can speak the ancient language of Parseltongue."

Rose looked at him questioningly, "What is Parseltongue?"

"Parseltongue," Tom began, "is the language of snakes. A person who can speak Parseltongue is called a Parselmouth. It is an inherited ability. Salazar Slytherin was known for his ability to speak to snakes."

Rose could feel her brain connecting information together, "Salazar Slytherin. Marvolo Slytherin. He is your ancestor. He can speak to snakes. So, you can speak to snakes. You said it is an inherited ability. So why can I speak to snakes?"

"That is precisely what I intend to find out," he replied.

There was silence in the room before Rose suddenly stood up on the bed, her face pale and horror in her eyes.

"What now?" Tom asked.

She looked at him slowly, "You said it's inheritable. I can speak it, you can speak it. Oh my god! We are related!"

He raised an eyebrow lazily at her, "All progeny of ancient families are related. So, yes. Yes, we are."

A moment before Rose opened her pretty mouth, Tom knew that she was going to ramble, "How are you not freaking out! Don't you realise? I kissed you. I kissed my cousin. On the lips! I committed incest! Oh my goodness, I'm going to hell. I did not resist temptation, I committed the Sin of Lust! The priest is going to be so disappointed in me! Could you take me to the church now, please? I must confess. They said in Sunday school that God forgives everyone who-"