Chapter 26

"There is no darkness but ignorance." -William Shakespeare

---------------------> "WHY CAN'T I PARTICIPATE?" Rose asked

---------------------> "WHY CAN'T I PARTICIPATE?" Rose asked. "It's not fair! Draco's going to participate, so why can't I?"

"Well, sweetie," Narcissa Malfoy said patiently. "Draco is trained very well-"

"-So am I! Aunty Bella can attest to that-"

"-and," Narcissa continued. "Draco also has experience in doing these situations."

Rose scowled. "How can I have experience if nobody allows me to participate?"

Narcissa smiled. "Good point. And Rose, you are not inclined to do everything Draco does. If Draco jumped off a cliff, would you do so as well?"

"I already did," Rose stated dryly. "How do you think we escaped after setting fire to that village?"

Narcissa shook her head fondly. "True, but I am afraid you are wasting your breath on me. Your boyfriend," Narcissa said in a teasing tone. "is the only person you really need to ask permission to do so. The plan that they are planning will take place in three days, will you be able to convince him by then?"

Rose's eyes glinted. "I will." She said in a determined tone.

Narcissa smiled fondly, her eyes nostalgic as she reminisced old memories. "Oh, how I remember doing what you are planning to do with the Dark Lord to Lucius..." Her lips turned into a smirk. "It always works, doesn't it?"

"Yes, it does." Rose agreed. "I'll use that trick if he doesn't agree. Thanks for teaching me that trick, by the way, Aunt Cissa."

Narcissa smiled. "It was my pleasure, Rose. I believe every lady must know that... trick. Now, there are about three hours left for lunch... Perfect! We can work on your table etiquette."

Rose groaned.

"A lady doesn't groan, Rose." Narcissa chided.

"You sound too much like Marvolo," Rose muttered before following her aunt.

------> 0o0 <------

"Please?"

Marvolo nodded. "Okay."

"I promise to be safe and do whatever you tell me to do. I'll even stay in the shadows. Could I please participate?"

Marvolo looked amused. "Okay."

"And I'll even- wait did you just say 'okay'?" Rose asked in shock, stopping at a mid-sentence.

Marvolo smiled at her. "Yes, I trust you. I believe in your capabilities. But-"

"-There is always a but," Rose muttered.

"-You have to pay heed to a few conditions of mine." Marvolo bargained.