Chapter 33

"Obstacles are the cost of greatness." -Robin Sharma.

------------------> ROSE HADN'T GONE TO THE DURSLEY'S like she had told Marvolo she would

Rather, she had gone back to the Planetarium to monitor her godparents' fragile mental health. They were already awake when she arrived, and Neville was entertaining them with his wide knowledge in Herbology.

The two of them had agreed to not talk about the on-going war or anything in relation to that. Rose had read enough psychology books to know that she didn't want their minds to re-bound or react violently to the news.

So the two of them chatted with Lord and Lady Longbottom on what they had decided to be called 'safe' topics- funny childhood incidents, Neville's experience at Hogwarts and Rose's non-existent cooking skills was something that bonded them.

The four of them ate an early dinner together in the slightly dusty dining room which had been prepared by Kreacher.

Frank and Alice were Auror's and one could not accuse them of being ignorant. They knew that the two teenagers were purposefully avoiding the topic of war while speaking to them. The couple had shared a glance before mentally agreeing to let the children speak about it on their own terms when they feel the need to do so.

After dinner, Neville had excused himself to go to Longbottom Manor saying that he would go and bring a 'surprise'. The surprise being Augusta Longbottom, of course.

The three others had gladly agreed.

Neville had left with a smile on his face; but when he had returned with a conflicted look on his face and his grandmother by his side.

Augusta Longbottom had cried upon seeing her -sane- son and daughter-in-law. She had fussed all over them and had given Rose a look which spoke the volume of thanks that she could not bring herself to verbalise. Rose smiled back.

Clearly, Neville had told his grandmother of what to and what not to say as well, considering the otherwise strongly opinionated woman hadn't mentioned a word about the war.

Neville watched the reunion with a small smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.

Rose noticed this.

She pulled him into one of the many empty rooms with the excuse of giving the others some 'private time'.

"What happened?" She asked.

"It's nothing." Neville immediately replied.

Rose snorted. " Here's a fun fact." She said. "The right hemisphere of your brain controls your creativity skills. That is why, when somebody lies, they usually glance to their right side as they try to access that part of the brain. Now be honest. What happened? You've been acting weird ever since you came back..."