Chapter 7

"The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances." -Unknown

---------------> "PLEASE?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a super sweet cherry on top dipped in caramel and served with vanilla chocolate chip ice cream drizzled with 70% dark chocolate syrup on top and sprinkled with chocolate flakes?"

"No." Tom replied calmly without looking up from the book he was reading.

The book was about Horcruxes. He figured that he had to do some more research on that particular topic considering that the person who was supposed to be destined to either defeat him or be defeated by him, had a part of him in her.

Rose, on the other hand, let out a mature 'humph' at his lack of response.

"Why not?" she whined- I mean, asked.

"Because what you are asking for is fallacious." was his swift reply.

"All I asked was if we could inform my parents that you kidnapped me," she said looking down at her feet nervously. "I mean, I don't want them to worry, you know. The doctor said that my dad had a bit of blood pressure during the last checkup. He said that dad should try to keep his mind stress free because stressful situations can cause your blood pressure to spike temporarily. And I'm pretty sure that finding out your daughter was kidnapped would be counted as a stressful situation."

"I fail to understand you are so vexatious. They are not your parents, remember?" Tom Marvolo Riddle asked.

"Maybe not by blood; Maybe they didn't participate in the process of reproduction to have me, maybe mum didn't push me out of her body, maybe they don't constitute the majority of my DNA system, but they are my parents and Dudley is my brother. No matter what you say," she said with a glint of steel in her emerald eyes.

Tom, on the other hand, sneered, "I introduced you to the magical world,-showed you its power- and you still want to go back to the filthy muggle world? You are a witch, Rose. You will always be more superior to them, and it is time you realise it. It is time you realise just how worthless they truly are, realise just how much better you are compared to them."

Rose stared at him with wide unblinking eyes for a few seconds before blurting out, "Did you know you have a God Complex?"

Tom Marvolo Riddle raised an elegant eyebrow in question. "I didn't realise that stating that muggles are useless compared to wizards would have a term of its own."

"Yes, definitely God Complex." she mumbled to herself -of course he heard it anyway- before clearing her throat and proceeding to explain the term, "God Complex or Jehovah Complex is not a clinical term nor diagnosable disorder and does not appear in the Diagnostic and Strategic Manual of Mental Disorders. However, it is widely used in a casual form. In fact, did you know that the first person to use the term god complex was Ernest Jones? His description, at least in the contents page of Essays in Applied Psycho-Analysis, describes god complex as simply, the belief that one is a god."