Chapter 15

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet off the ground." -Teddy Rosevelt

---------------> TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE, also known as Marvolo Slytherin, You-Know-Who, He-who-must-not-be-named and Lord Voldemort, was met with sounds of soft musical giggles the moment he entered the Manor

Draco Malfoy had to complete an errand for him, Lucius Malfoy was at a meeting with Lord Flint and Narcissa Malfoy was currently shopping at a high-end boutique in France in order to update and glamorize a certain emerald-eyed girl's wardrobe.

So, he knew that the great Manor had only two occupants at the moment, excluding him of course. Despite himself, he couldn't help the small smile that threatened to show on his face at the sight of two of his most and only favourite people in the world.

Rose Potter was seated on the royal green coloured sofa with Nagini at her side. Her hair was held up in a loose ponytail and she wore fluffy slippers on her feet. She was also wearing sweatpants and a green sweater that was obviously too big for her. It was his, he realized. Nagini must have helped her nick it from his cupboard, again.

Rose was laughing at something. Her head was thrown back slightly, ponytail slightly swishing and her green eyes literally sparkled. The corners of her lips were tilted upwards entirely and she looked completely at ease.

Rose Potter just had this casual and natural elegance around her that you couldn't help but admire.

Her eyes lit up even more –if that was even possible- upon seeing him and she smiled brightly. "Hello Marvolo!" she greeted him happily.

"Rose." He nodded in acknowledgement.

Rose's pretty eyes scanned his face and a frown descended upon her face. "You look tired. Had a long day?"

It would have been impossible for anybody to know, considering he physically did not project things he felt mentally, as he considered it a sign of weakness. But Rosalie Dorea Potter was not anybody. She was his Horcrux and was –to some extent- able to feel emotions that he felt and hid.

"A bit." He admitted, moving towards the pair before eventually sitting comfortably beside the Heiress of House Potter.

A few seconds later, Rose Potter gracefully got up from her spot and moved behind him. She then proceeded to lightly massage Marvolo Slytherin's shoulders, in a similar fashion to how she had seen her mother, Petunia, do to her father, Vernon after he had come home from a particularly long and tiring day of work.

Marvolo raised an elegant eyebrow, "What are you doing?" he asked as he internally melted at her touch.

Being close to his Horcruxes always calmed him immensely, and Rose Potter truly had a magical (pardon the pun) way when it came to giving massages. He could almost feel his worries slowly disappearing away.