Chapter 14

"All every boy wants, is a girl to protect from dragons." -Atticus

-------------------> "DO YOU THINK YOUR PARENTS will buy you a dragon if you ask them?" Rose asked randomly

Draco looked at his cousin weirdly, "What do you want?"

"Nothing, honest," Rose replied with a sweet honeyed smile. "I was just wondering. You have white peacocks in your lawn, but won't dragons be more appropriate? It could be like a tribute to you."

Draco's eyes narrowed. "What did you do?"

Rose looked at him with guilt-ridden eyes, "Nothing terrible, but-"

"-What. Did. You. Do?" Draco Malfoy repeated slowly, pausing at each word.

Rose looked at his now reddening pale face for a few seconds before letting out extremely nervous laughs, "Remember when we visited the Draconus Tribe?"

"How could I forget? I almost died." Draco reminded her dryly.

"Yes, that," Rose said with a nervous smile. "ImayhaveseenababydragonhatchfromitseggandImayhavethoughtthatitwasverycutesoImayhavepickeditupandtakenithomewithme. Pleasedontbemad," she said hurriedly.

Unfortunate for her, Draco did understand what she had said and he was definitely mad.

"You WHAT!?!?" Draco exclaimed with wide eyes, before running a hand through his previously neatly styled platinum coloured hair. "Rose, there is a reason that Wizards do not keep dragons as pets! Are you crazy? What were you thinking?"

"I thought it was cute," Rose mumbled.

"Cute? Cute!" Draco scoffed. "Puppies are cute. Babies are cute. Dragons, fire breathing dragons are not cute. What's next? Are you going to adopt a hippogriff because you think they are cute?"

Rose's eyes lit up, "Can I?"

"NO!" Draco exclaimed before letting out a tired sigh, "Lead me to it. I want to see it."

"Him." Rose corrected. "And he has a name. It's Snuffles."

Draco cocked an eyebrow, "You named a large, fire breathing dragon with very sharp claws, that the Ministry classifies as XXXX creature and that can kill you in a second, Snuffles?"

"Of course," Rose replied happily.

Draco sighed, "Only you, Rose. Only you." He said before adding, "And perhaps Hagrid."

Before Rose could open her mouth to ask who was Hagrid, Draco was already heading to her room.

------> 0o0 <------

"You're an idiot," came the drawling voice of Draco Malfoy as he stood in front of Rose's bedroom door a few minutes later.

"Is that right?" Rose Potter asked from beside him. "And what exactly have you accomplished in your life that makes you Einstein?"