Chapter 20

"Think of me when you feel alone. Because I think of you even though, you don't know." -Clairel Estevez

-------------------> THIRTY MINUTES AFTER ROSE'S DEPARTURE, Mipsy popped into the library nearest to Marvolo's study, where she saw her Master sitting on his chair with his arms crossed, staring vacantly at the multitude of shelves of books in fro...

-------------------> THIRTY MINUTES AFTER ROSE'S DEPARTURE, Mipsy popped into the library nearest to Marvolo's study, where she saw her Master sitting on his chair with his arms crossed, staring vacantly at the multitude of shelves of books in front of him.

"Master, Mister Snape has left the Manor," Mipsy informed him.

Marvolo nodded numbly. "Go." He told the Elf.

The House Elf nodded and vanished.

Marvolo closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"You didn't leave." He said softly as he heard the pitter-patter of footsteps.

Rose gave him a half-smile as she entered the library once more. "No, I didn't."

"Why?" He asked.

"It's not because I can't live without you." She said, referring to his earlier statement. "Because I can. I can live without you. I could have been happier-"

"-and safer," Marvolo added.

"And safer." Rose agreed. "without you."

"So why didn't you?" Marvolo asked curiously.

Rose shrugged before smiling lopsidedly. "I just didn't want to."

And that was that.

Rose made her way to one of the royal green sofas at the corner of the library and plopped herself onto it.

"The stars are beautiful tonight," Rose said randomly. "How good are you at astronomy?"

"I was first in Hogwarts," Marvolo answered. "So, brilliant."

"So modest." Rose commented dryly before adopting a casual tone to her voice, "Then can you help me practise astronomy?"

Marvolo lifted an eyebrow. "Now?"

Rose rolled her eyes. "It's not like we can do it in the morning."

Marvolo chuckled. "True. After dinner then?"

"Or..." Rose started. "We can have dinner outside, like a picnic."

"Sounds interesting." Marvolo drawled before nodding. "Alright then. Let's go see the stars."

------> 0o0 <------

Due to the lack of a proper picnic sheet, a fluffy white comforter had been spread on a patch of grass of the huge acres of lawn that came along with the property of Slytherin Manor.

The House Elf's were apparently delighted with the idea of a night picnic and had packed many varieties of sandwiches, fruits and snacks into a basket for a light dinner since neither Rose nor Marvolo were feeling quite hungry at the moment.