The End... Chapter 19

17 years later.

Connors POV:
"Joseff where are you?"
"In the games room." He shouts back.
I walk in, to see him watching TV.
"Right so it's yours and your sisters birthday tomorrow. So I wanted to give you this."
I hand him a letter.
"What's this?" He asks confused.
"Open it and find out. Now where's your sister?"
"She's upstairs." He says as he points to upstairs.
"Thanks" I smile at him and walk up stairs.
"SEREN?" I shout, to see where she is.
"I'm in my room dad"
So I walk into the room and she's sitting there on her bed going through some picture.
"Watcha doing?" I say looking at the photos.
"I'm making a scrap book." She says in a 'duh' tone.
"Well since its your birthday tomorrow, I wanted to give you this." I say while handing her the other letter.
"What's this? It's got mums handwriting on it... Is it from her" she says, more quietly at the end.
I nod, gave her a kiss on the fore head and leave.

Joseffs POV:
A letter? Why did dad give me a letter...
As I open it, I feel as if it's going to be important.

Here it goes.

----------the letter-------
Dear Joseff, unless you want to be called Jo or whatever.
I just want to apologise for not being there for you and your sister. Even though we don't really know each other and I'm writing this before you're born, I know that holding you for the first time will be the best thing in my life. You and your sister are my world. Even though I may not be there in person, I am in spirit. Whatever your life dreams are, I want you to go for it. Do what you can to achieve your dream. I know this isn't the best letter, but I don't really know exactly what to say... Take care of your sister and father for me. I hope Connor has treated you well, if not then he better watch out... Hagaha. Well I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for never being in your life and I love you.

From mum.
xoxoxoxo

-----------------

Serens POV:

Omg... A letter from mum?
I've always wanted something like this.

I open the letter slowly, and carefully.

-----the letter----

Dear seren.

Hello beautiful, I hope that your dad had treated you and your brother well. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for leaving you so soon... I know that I will never be in your life, but if I was I know that girly days would be the best. I didn't know exactly what to say to your brother because, I know this sound weird but, he's a boy... And I've never really know how to talk to young boys. So please look after him for me. And give your dad a big hug from me... I hope he's looking great... Your dad is an amazing boy. Or man... If you're reading this at the age of 18 or whatever. I really do hate knowing that he doesn't know going... And by the time he does find out, I will be gone. But hopefully I will get to hold you and your brother in my arms for the first and final time. Hoping that you're both doing amazing in school / work.
And I just wanted you to know that even though you may not see me, I will always be watching out for you both... And your clumsy dad.
Love you sweetheart.

From mum
Xoxoxoxo

------------------

17 years earlier.
Connors POV:

I place all of the letters on the table next to me, except for mine. I open it slowly.

-----the letter-----

Dear Connor.

Hey, I'm so sorry that I never told you... 3 months into the pregnancy, the doctor told me that there is a high possibility that I may not make it after giving birth. He asked me if I would like to proceed with the pregnancy and of course, I said yes. It has been scary for me to keep living everyday, knowing at the end of this, I'm going to die. But then I thought of the twins, I thought of you... You are the strength I had to keep me going. That's why I've been so cuddly over the past couple of days... Because I know that my time is near the end... And I'm ready to go, for our babies and for you...
You may think that you can't live without me, but if I can leave for us, you can push through it and survive... You have made my days living, worthwhile...
You are my sole-mate and I will love you for eternity. Take care of our little ones... And our little group of friends, our family.
I'm going to miss you terribly. I love you connor...

Love from Mrs ball, lilly.

Ps, Please promise me that you will take good care of our children... Im sorry

Xoxoxoxo
--------------

I'm sorry... Why couldn't she tell me this in person.
Unless...
I grab the car keys, and I leg it out the door.

---at the hospital---

I run into the room, to see her laying there. Her eyes not fully open, not fully closed.

"Why are you here, get out!" she says, barely a whisper.
"I can't leave you, not now. Not like this" I say walking over to her and holding her hands.

Lilly's POV:

As I feel myself going, I'm about to let go and he runs in.

"Why are you here, get out!"
I say, trying to say as loud as possible, but it coming out as a whisper.
"I can't leave you, not now. Not like this" he says while walking over and sitting next to me, taking my hands in his.
I move up on the bed so that he can lay down beside me.
He lays down and puts his arms around me.
"You can't leave lilly... We are going to be a family." He says crying.
"I know con, I know." I say, with tears coming down my eyes too.
" just think of it, now you can have two pieces of me. With you always." I say looking over to the twins.
"But I need you two. Why can't the doctors fix this?" He says getting louder at theist part.
"Because it's something that they can't fix."

He holds me close.
"Remember that time, you took me ice skating and I fell." I say, trying to change the subject.
"Yeh, that was fun." He says while rubbing my arm, slowly.
"Remember when you made me face my fear of rollercosters?" I say again.

Connors POV:

"Yes, then I took you to a park that I had rented out, so that no one else could get in. I then took you over to where there was an orchestra playing and we danced. I remember then taking you through a pathway that had flowers and consoles leading up to a table, and when we got to the table and had a bit of food. I got down on one knee, and I asked you to finally be mine, and tie the knot.
When you said yes, it was the happiest time of my life. And the only thing that I thought could break my heart, is if you left..." I finish saying.
I look at her and her eyes are shut and I don't see her chest raising then falling back down.
I get up.
"Lilly. Lilly please wake up... I can't do this without you... Please"
I say trying to wake her up.
I run out of the room and call all the doctors and nurse that are in the hall.
I run back in and hold her in my arms.
"It's going to be alright, I love you lilly."
I say just before they grab a hold on me and start to drag me out of the room.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, THATS MY WIFE, LET ME SEE HER!" I scream as they throw me out of the room and lock the door. I bang on the door several times, but no answer.
I walk but up against the wall and fall.
Why did this have to happen?
I finally found the person meant for me, and now she's gone...
As I sit there, not being able to move, I see the boys, Kacey, Courtney and Nicole all walk through the corridors.

"Omg con, con what's wrong"
Kacey says running up to me, because I'm on the floor.
"Connor please speak to me, are the babies alright"
I don't answer or move.
I just sit there... Lifeless. Because one of the only things I care about is now gone.
As I sit there and they are all trying to get me to answer them, the doors open and I see the doctors rolling a bed away with my beautiful wife on top, with a blanket over her head.
Everyone goes quiet, Exocet for tris and Kacey.
They run over to where lilly lays.
Kacey starts balling her eyes out, as tristan is screaming at the doctors.

"I'm sorry, she's gone. We need to take her away now."
Once the doctor said that, tristan started shouting at them even more.
Once they had gone, tris came over to me, slumped down and held me.
"We are all with you in this con, don't worry. It'll all be ok"
As he says that I turn around, wrap my arms around him and burst out crying.

The love of my life is gone...
But now I have a promise to keep...

------------------------------------------------////

YAY!!!! I finished it!! X❤️

Thank you to everyone who read, commented and favourited this book. It truly does mean a lot.
Love y'all x
Sorry for any mistakes, didn't proof read it x

~k x