Chapter 9

I sit in the back of the car, in between Noah and Grace. Liam is driving and Chloe is riding shotgun.

"So, guys," Chloe starts, "I think it's time we tell Jayden about Lucas."

Grace throws me a small smile, and Noah lets out a breath.

"Don't worry about me and Lucas. I don't even have a crush on him or anything," I cross my arms, feeling uncomfortable.

"That doesn't matter. I know you were texting him in history," Chloe says causing everyone in the car to gasp.

"What?" I question, feeling insanely self-conscious.

"Okay," Noah starts, "You don't know this, but Lucas plays into innocent or new girls. He will try to win them over. He gives them a lot of attention, he flirts, he compliments, he does all he can to make the girl fall for him. Then, he will sleep with them and ignore them for the rest of their lives."

I shudder thinking about have someone can be so disgusting.

"It's absolutely sick," Grace mumbles, as Noah reaches over me and rubs her knee in support. Okay, why am I in between them?

"Did he?" I trail off, my eyes widening. If he did that to Grace, I'm gonna destroy this guy.

"No, my sister. She's a year below us, she was heartbroken for months. She was only 15, too."

"What a dick," I say in disbelief. Why do people do that? Do they find it fun to make other people upset?

"Well, we're here." Liam says as we park in a long string of cars.

"You sure you still wanna go?" Chloe asks, turning to face me.

"If you guys are good with it," I say. I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable, especially Grace.

They all nod in agreement, and we get out of the car. Once we arrive in the house, the party was in full swing. There was enough room to stand and talk, but the place still looked packed. There were a lot of snacks and drinks in the kitchen. There was a DJ booth and microphone along with a dance floor in the main area and a bunch of games in another room.

Liam and Chloe run to the dance floor right away, while I stay with Noah and Grace. After a few minutes of small talk, I feel like I don't belong there. Noah and Grace keep exchanging glances, so I excuse myself going to get a drink.

I enter the kitchen and my eyes fall on Lucas. I immediately feel angry, but I can't let him know that. I pretend like I didn't see him. I rummage through the fridge before I hear "Hey, princess."

I turn around and put on a grin, "hey, Lucas."

"I'm glad you decided to show," he smirked, "Whatcha looking for?"

"Oh, just something to drink," I say as I turn back to the fridge.

"Babe," he says as he grabs my waist. Woah, okay. He just jumped over so many steps.

"Babe?" I question, scrunching my nose in disgust. I hate the nickname "babe."

He laughs, "C'mon, I'll fix you a drink."

"No thank you. Water's fine." I smile as I try to break free from his grip.

"You haven't tried my drinks yet. Trust me, you'll be in love with them," he smirks.

"No, no. That's okay," I say as I push myself off his chest, but he grips harder, "Could you just let go?" I ask, as I struggle in his grip.

"Lucas, let her go. I need to talk to her." I snap my head to see Ethan in the doorway.