Chapter 33

So, word around school the next day was that Madeline was expelled.

I mean I'm not complaining, and the majority of the population of the school isn't either.

I was sitting in my English class, when my teacher dismisses us to work on our papers, and when I realize I brought the wrong notebook. I groan to myself, before asking him if I could go to my locker. He lets me, so I start the long stroll to my locker. Me, being the forgetful fool I am, forgot my phone, so the walk was not all that entertaining.

I finally make it to my locker before grabbing the right notebook. I shut my locker, and I begin the walk back. I got a bit startled when I felt a pull against my sleeve, and I look up. It's Lucas.

How did I not hear him behind me? I guess I am really oblivious.

"Hey, Jayden."

"Oh hey, Lucas. Thanks for yesterday," I say and I throw him a smile.

He returns the smile saying, "of course."

We continue walking down the hall, "I don't know if you remember, Jayden," Lucas begins to say as we pass classrooms.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Hmm?"

"When we worked on the project," he said as we slowed by a door. I let out a nervous chuckle, why was he bringing up when he attacked me? Is he going to apologize?

"I said that I would get it," he says in a low tone. Warning bells began to ring in my head. I tried to get away, but he lifted me up and brought my into the classroom that was beside us.

"Um, what are you doing, Lucas?" I ask, doing my best to stay calm. I decided if I screamed or kicked him, he may hurt me and I could go back to the hospital for my injury reopening.

"You're the new girl," Lucas comments as he places me on a desk.

"Not really, I've been here for about 2 months." I comment as I cross my legs and arms.

"I don't fucking care. You intrigue me, Jayden," He groans as he lightly traces his fingers over my arms.

"Stop," I whimper as my eyes widen in shock and fear.

"I don't wanna. You gotta thank me somehow." He said as he pushed himself towards, leaning towards my lips.

"No," I say as I put my hand in front of his lips. "Remember at the party, Madeline said that shit about my family and me, and I asked you to stop it? You didn't," I glare, as his eyes widen. I've clearly caught him off guard.

"Well, no, -" Lucas stutters, as I hold my hand up to stop him.

"And you freaking assaulted me at your house. I thought punching Madeline was more like an apology, not an I owe you." I say standing, and gaining confidence. "And now what? You're going to assault me again?" I say as he stays silent. "Lucas, you are better than this. Find yourself a girl to settle with who will love you for you. You are a great guy, you don't need to do this to get some action," I say sincerely. He backs off slightly, leaving me enough room to flee. I slowly walk away from him, until I feel him grab my arm.

"I want you, Jayden. I want you to be the girl, my girl," Lucas whispers, his eyes turning a dark shade.

"I'm sorry, Lucas. I can't be her," I say, avoiding eye contact.

"It's Chase, isn't it?" He growls, throwing my bicep down. I continue to avoid eye contact as I stay silent. It was Chase, actually.

"I fucking knew it," Lucas yells as he kicks a chair. Okay, I'm definitely scared now.

"Lucas," I say in a warning tone.

"Shut up!" Lucas screams as he chucks a chair at my head. I duck down and it barely misses me.

"Woah," I mutter, my eyes wide. I slowly look back up at Lucas to see him breathing heavily staring at the back wall. He slowly turns towards me, a scary glint in his eye. It seemed just like a scene from a horror movie.

"I swear to God, Jayden," Lucas says taking large strides towards me. I quickly try and run out of the room. "Don't you fucking leave!" Lucas says as I hear a desk falling over behind me. I let out a squeal of fright, as I continue running for the door.

Just as I was reaching the door, I slam into a chest. I quickly take a step back but I crash into another chest. I feel arms grab and pull me forward, into the first chest. I look up to see Chase glaring at what I assumed was Lucas, or the second chest.

"Room 115," Chase says before hanging up his phone. He slowly moves me behind him as I see Lucas breathing extremely heavy. "You didn't take me seriously, huh?" Chase laughs bitterly.

"A couple punches won't stop me from getting with my true love," Lucas says glancing to me.

"A couple punches?" Chase laughs again, "I knocked you out, bud."

"I don't have time for this," Lucas says to Chase before looking at me, "C'mon Jayden, we were about to get to the good part." I just glare at him.

"Shut up," Chase growls.

"Jayden, I know you love me, and I love you," Lucas says with a smile, ignoring Chase.

"No, Lucas. I don't love you or want you," I say, as Lucas' expression falls, and the scary glint reappears.

"You don't want me? Oh, Jayden. I'm gonna fuck you so hard you're never gonna-" Lucas never got to finish his line before Chase punched him so hard, Lucas immediately flew to the floor. Chase continued to throw punches as I started to notice blood leaking on the floor.

"Chase!" I shout, I didn't want to get punched myself, so I didn't want to interfere physically. "Stop it! Please!"

I did my best, but no yelling was going to make him quit. Ethan and some other guys appeared, and immediately went over to pick Chase up off of him. Chase was breathing heavy, but his face went unharmed. I don't think Lucas even got the chance to throw a punch. I look down to see Lucas breathing lightly on the floor, blood pooling around him. My mind flashes back to the night I saw my parents. The blood pooled around both of them. The blood in his hair. The blood against her chest. I try to get the image out of my head. Lucas needs to go to the hospital if he's going to live.

I look up with a horrified expression as I saw Chase still glaring at Lucas.

"Hey," a guy came over to me, "you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I fake a smile, "he hurled a chair at my head though."

"Holy shit!" He exclaimed gaining the attention of everyone there. They all stared at us with confused expressions.

"He threw a chair at her," he says, causing everyone to widen their eyes.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" Chase asked coming over, his arms making their way around my waist.

"Yeah, I dodged it," I step out of his grip. He didn't have to hurt Lucas that bad. He knows how I feel about this stuff. I glanced back up to him and see a hurt expression on his face. "So, Lucas has to go to the hospital," I say in a monotone.

"We can handle everything, go back to class," Ethan says. He pushes me out of the classroom before shutting the door. I honestly can't believe that that much commotion didn't cause any teacher to make their way down here.

As I went back to class, the class was making small talk as they worked on their papers. Noah immediately came and sat by me.

"What the hell happened? I saw Lucas leave right after you, and so I texted Chase right away. Mr. Jacobs wouldn't let me go," Noah said talking just above a whisper.

"Thanks, he kinda came after me, and took me to a classroom, then he was doing some stuff, then I said some stuff, then he freaked out, then I tried leaving, then Chase came, beat him up, and now Lucas should be going to the hospital," I say extremely quickly.

"Holy shit," Noah said as he sits back in his chair, "you good though?"

"Yes," the fake smile came back to my face, "I'm good."