Chapter 34

I make it through the day and Ethan drives me home. He lets me know that Lucas is at the hospital and is in a good condition. He also said that nobody is in big trouble. Chase just has a detention. 

I nod.

Once we go into the house, Beth and John flag me down.

"Hey, Jayden. Can we talk?" Beth says. I nod, and follow her into the kitchen.

"What's up?" I ask.

"You seem to be healing pretty nicely, so we thought that the funeral could be soon if that's okay with you," Beth asks, a sympathetic smile across her face.

I smile, I want to see them again. I want to actually tell them goodbye. "That'd be great."

"Okay, we will plan for this weekend. Is that okay?" Beth asks, holding a pen and paper, crossing things off and writing things in.

"Yes, but it'll be in Florida, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I will buy flights for us to go out on Friday, funeral is Saturday, and would you like to go home Saturday evening, or Sunday?" John asks, looking at the paper Beth had.

"Sunday evening."

"Sounds good, do you want a ticket for Chase?" Beth asks.

Before I get a chance to answer, Chase walks in. "Speak of the devil," Beth smiles.

Chase sends me a small smile before directing his attention to Beth, "hmm?"

"Would you like a plane ticket with us to go to Jayden's parents' funeral?" Beth asks.

"Yes," Chase says simply, without hesitation. 

Beth nods, "okay, that's it for now. Go have fun, you two."

I quickly stand up and walk to my room. I shut my door, and flop on my bed, only for the door to be opened  a minute later.

"Jayden," I hear Chase say. He was standing right in front of me.

"Hi," I reply.

"I'm really sorry. I was trying so hard to contain myself, especially in front of you, but when he said that, I don't know. A beast came out that I couldn't contain. I know you hate this, like what you said with Madeline, and I'm sorry." Chase said sincerely, leaning down so he was level with me.

I give a small smile, "I forgive you." I'm a huge believer in second chances, that's why I was so trusting with Lucas. I thought he was trying to change his ways, or something.

He smiles, but it slowly diminishes.

"What?" I ask.

"You don't seem like you do, you're still upset," Chase frowns. How did he read me like that? I have been wearing a fake smile all day and nobody noticed. The second I wear one around Chase, he points it out.

"I forgive you, it's just that all the blood took me back," I say drifting off, as I twitch my toes in order to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry, that's my fault," Chase says as he sits next to me on the bed. "What can I do for you?" he whispers.

"I don't know, it just replays in my head, it has been all day," I shake my head as I get an urge to cry. I feel my eyes get warm and sting as a knot forms in my throat.

"Awh, baby," Chase says pulling me to his chest, I immediately begin to cry. Tears stream down my face, and I bet I look like a hot mess. "I'm so sorry, it's all my fault."

I shake my head into his chest trying my best to tell him it's not his fault. Actually maybe it is, I really don't know anymore.  

I slowly begin to cry myself to sleep in Chase's own arms.

~*~*~

I wake up to the sound of Chase snoring, it's still light out. I try and reach for my phone but Chase has me wrapped in his arms, pulled into his chest.

"Chase," I whisper.

"Hmm?" He mumbles into my hair.

"It's still day," I comment, as I feel him unlatch himself from me. I grab my phone and check the time. 5:26. About a 2 hour nap.

Chase stretches and is soon sitting beside me.

"I'm happy you're coming with us," I smile a real smile and look at him.

He notices that and smiles in return, "I couldn't imagine it any other way."

I chuckle to myself. He is too perfect.