Chapter 16

"I'm fine, okay?" I yell at Chase and Ethan. I was so close to sneaking out the door to work on the project with Lucas.

"Jayden, we are worried, we want you to be safe." Ethan says as he comes towards me.

"I freaking know that. I would not go to his house if I didn't feel safe. I won't go to his room, I'll stay in his freaking kitchen or something, I can protect myself," I say in my defense. I'm not an idiot. I know his track record, but he knows I'm not interested - especially after the whole party fiasco.

"Ethan, let her go," Chase said quietly.

"Thank you, Chase," I smile.

"Okay. Fine, go," Ethan said curtly.

"Thank you!" I yell before running to my new car. Beth and John have plenty of cars, but they felt the need to buy me one. As much as I insisted against, they brought this beauty home. It's a matte gray Jaguar.

I hop in and drive to Lucas'. It's a decent drive, and I quickly park on the curb, and walk up to the door.

I knock, and a girl in her 20s opens the door.

"Hi, I'm here for Lucas," I politely tell her.

She stares at me blankly before yelling, "Lucas! Your hoe is here!"

My eyes widen, and I can't help to feel a little offended. Before I correct her mistake, she walks off, and Lucas rushes down the stairs.

"Sorry about my sister," He says breathlessly.

"It's fine."

"Okay, wanna get started?" He asks as he touches the small of my back and guides me to the kitchen.

Ha! I was right, we will be in the kitchen.

"Yeah," I answer.

~*~*~

I've been here for two hours and nothing crazy has happened.

We stayed at the kitchen table, and we got a lot done. Lucas picked up on my signals that I wasn't interested in him, so he backed off, thankfully.

It was getting dark, so I decided I should head back to the house.

As I am packing up my items and putting them in my bag, I feel Lucas come up behind me and grab my hips.

"Lucas," I gasp, surprised by the whole ordeal.

"Jayden," he whispers against my neck.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my eyes wide. His hands slowly travel to the seam of the front of my pants.

"I need to-" he begins to say, but I cut him off.

"Let me go," I whine as I try to squiggle out of his grip.

"Jayden," Lucas groans, as he grips onto my waist tighter, pulling me into him.

"Lucas, please!" I shout. He puts his lips on my neck and makes them travel towards my ear.

"I'm gonna get it, babe, whether it's the last fucking thing I do," He said as he spun me to face towards him. When he was leaning in for a kiss, I quickly knee him in the balls, then grabbed my bag and sprinted out the door.

Almost.

He yanked me by the wrist, and I tripped over a shoe. Falling to the floor, he let go of me for a second, so I quickly grabbed the shoe and chucked it at him. He yelled out in pain, so I decided to sprint out again. I made it out the door this time, so I ran into my car parked on the street and sped off to the house. 

I quickly gathered my bag, and walked quietly in the house. They can't know what happened. They trusted me, and I betrayed them.

I quietly shut the door. I feel so unsafe. My parents' killer is on the loose, and now there's Lucas. I felt where his kisses were. It's still wet. I feel where his hands were. It's sore. I have a red mark on my wrist. I drop my bag on the floor, and slide down the door.

I feel so contaminated. He barely touched me, yet I feel gross. I feel a tear slip down my face.

How could he think this is okay? He's stronger than me, so he thinks he can just force me to do something?

That's some skewed logic.

I hear Ethan and Chase's voices growing near. I curl up in a ball, and place my bag in front of me, hoping they don't see me. Their voices stop.

Crap. I bet they saw me. I slowly lift my head and see them staring at me.

"Greetings," I say awkwardly, "I'm gonna go." I quickly try to escape to my room, but I wasn't quick enough. Ethan grabs my hurt wrist, causing me to wince.

"What the hell happened?" Ethan asked with wide eyes, looking at my wrist.

"He was good up until I was leaving." I sigh, sitting on the stair. I walked into this one. It's my fault. Everyone warned me.

"And?" Chase asked in a low voice.

"He just grabbed me on my waist, and started kissing my neck," I said, as he I felt where he touched me.

"He said he was gonna get it," I whisper, as I feel tears well up in my eyes. "He tried to kiss me, so I kicked him in the balls, then I tried to run away, but he grabbed my wrist. I fell, but I took him out with a shoe," I smile at the last part. I'm pretty proud of myself.

"I'm gonna end him," Chase growled.

"Not if I end him first," Ethan said.

"Guys, please no," I say as I wipe a stray tear.

"We'll be back in a few," Ethan says as he grabs his keys and heads out the door.

"Chase, please," I whisper, my voice breaking.

He looks at me and mouths, 'im sorry,' before following Ethan out.

"I don't want to be alone," I finish my whisper to the empty home.