X

↱"We are the products of our past, but we don't have to be prisoners of it

"We are the products of our past, but we don't have to be prisoners of it."

-Rick Warren.

that same night/ eren & historia

EREN WISHED HE COULD SEE but his eyes were shielded by a dirty black cloth that prevented him from understanding the gravity of his situation. However, he could feel that both his hands and feet were restrained by metal shackles, tethering him to his place and putting a painful strain on his muscles.

As he wondered to himself where he was, he began to pass the time with thoughts of Historia. They had been kidnapped together, but from the moment he was knocked out, he hadn't heard her voice once.

He began to remember everything she had told him, trying to figure out if there were any clues lingering in her soft voice as she recounted the memory of her youth.

The Scouts had been huddled around the kitchen that night, in one of the early dirty cabins they had been able to hide in.

Historia was everyone's main focus that night, as everybody had one pressing question following the revelation of her true identity.

Who really are you?

Historia sighed as she took a deep breath, closing her eyes to remember the memories she had tried to bury for so long.

"I grew up on a tiny farm, not very spectacular by any means. The only other person that lived with me was my mother, and from a young age, I realized that she resented existence and constantly wished to get rid of my presence. So, for the most part, I was alone a lot with only books, farm animals, and my own imagination.

After the Fall of Wall Maria, I met my father for the first time; Rod Reiss. I had grown up thinking that my father had abandoned me, not that he was the landowner who was quietly watching over me my entire life. When he revealed himself to me, I really didn't think it was strange that he never revealed himself to me sooner, I was just happy to know I had a father.

My father wanted to take me and my mother to live with him, I'm not too sure why, but then these men showed up, I think one of them was named Kenny."

Levi tensed beside her as she spoke that name.

"I think my mother understood why those men were there, so she began to scream that she didn't want to take responsibility for me. She said some more vile things that I don't want to repeat. Those men killed her and they wanted to kill me too, but my father insisted they spare my life.

They came to the conclusion that I would be sent away to live under the false name of Christa Lenz. They also decided that I would join the Survey Corps, and I think maybe those men that wanted me dead were certain that I would die shortly after training.