XV.i

↱"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."

-René Descartes.

where we left off

"KATERINA, WAKE UP," Levi mumbled, brushing his hand through her hair as her eyes opened lazily.

However, that didn't last long as she shot up and inspected her surroundings, still stuck in her soldier's mindset as she scrambled to find her gear. But, when Levi gently rested his hands on her shoulder and pulled her back down, she found herself on a wagon that was headed in an uncertain direction.

"Where are we going?" she questioned, feeling comforted by Levi's fingers tangling delicately in her hair and his rigid chest under her head. "Wait, where is everyone?"

Hange, Eren, Historia, Mikasa, and Armin were in the wagon with them, all huddled on one side, crammed tightly together. She wrinkled her forehead in confusion until she realized that she was spread out on her back, her torso resting on top of Levi's lap.

Levi's face was as stoic as ever, but he did reach his arm back to scratch his neck suspiciously. "You were passed out on the royal brat and after everything you went through, no one wanted to wake you up. I might have scared them away with some lighthearted threats so you could properly rest."

Katerina smiled up at him, she didn't want to admit that she was glad that Levi had done this because even though her body was still sore, she felt reenergized. She looked down at her thigh and noticed that she was wearing new pants, ones that weren't stained or torn.

"Oh," Levi chuckled, brushing his fingers against her injured thigh. "Even injured, Four-Eyes wanted to treat your wound so that it wouldn't get infected. I might have pried those pants away from a new recruit."

Katerina rolled her eyes at him and looked at Hange to mouth a quick thank you.

"Levi?"

"Uh-huh?"

"Come here and kiss me, you asshole."

Levi didn't waste a second reaching down to meet her lips. Their chapped lips molded perfectly against each other as he trailed his tongue along her bottom lip. She let out a quiet moan against his mouth that he took advantage of, gently ushering his tongue into her mouth to get a quick reminder of her delicious taste.