XVI

↱"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."

- Molière.

the next day

DAWN ARRIVED QUICKLY FOR KATERINA AND LEVI who had spent the rest of the night aggressively wrapped around each other in every corner of the office until they were no longer angry.

Angry makeup sex isn't always the answer, but in this case, it was.

"Ugh," Katerina groaned, sliding down the wall of the office as Levi released her thighs. "Did we really spend all night doing that?"

One side of Levi's lips lifted into a tight smirk as he pulled his pants up, looking up at Katerina through his lashes. "I definitely feel better," he said, helping her button up her shirt when he was finished.

"Funny," she retorted, rolling her eyes but smiling when he wasn't looking, running her fingers along the only visible hickey he had left. "I don't think I gave you permission to mark me like this."

Levi squinted as he finished the last button, nodding his head slowly as he looked at his masterpiece. "I have no shame with anyone knowing what we spend all night doing."

"Of course you don't," Katerina snorted, trying to brush her sex-hair with her fingers. "Hey, Levi..."

"Yeah?"

"We're...okay, right?"

It was obvious that they were okay, they had just spent all night entangled together in several positions all over the office. The root of their aggression wasn't ever really about each other, that much was obvious.

Katerina was angry because of Erwin and his increasingly suspicious nature. Add to that, she was angry because Eren was being such a pain and she was still dealing with seeing that Caleb was alive. She was also angry that she hadn't shared that with Levi yet, but it just wasn't right.

Levi was angry because of the mission and because of everything they had found out in the past few days. He was angry that Rod had turned himself into a Titan, that Kenny had tried to use Katerina against him, that he had ever doubted her, and that they just had to keep pushing.

Neither of them was ever good at controlling their tempers, this was no secret, and it seemed that they felt comfortable lashing out at the one person they knew could take it.