Sayaka Maizono x Makoto Naegi: Cuddle Fuddle

Requested by: @smellsliketeensp-rit Songfic time! this one is Cuddle Fuddle by Passionpit. I thought it's upbeat melody was fitting to this ship, and I'll try my best with it!

~I filled the bucket,
I spilled the bucket
Out on the floor
A mistake for sure.~

"Hey, Naegi!" Naegi didn't think he'd ever overcome the feeling that crept up on him whenever Maizono was with him. A kind of nerve raking, yet giddy feeling that he couldn't begin to describe. He was a mess when it came to talking to her-either he'd be a stuttering mess or he'd have his head to the ground, cheeks flushed. He often found himself wishing to be more confident, like Leon. But he knew that was beyond his capabilities.

~Consequences,
Turned me hostile
I got so tied in
Made me docile~

But of course, she's never going to date me, he'd tell himself. He couldn't bare the thought of such a thing happening, but she probably liked someone else. Who would like a shy, stuttering mess such as himself? He looked up, managing a small smile for his crush.

"H-Hi Maizono. H..How are you?" He could've face palmed himself right now, but he felt no need to put the situation into any more turmoil.

~Then you applauded,
When I was loving,
Made me feel weak and
I start recovering~

He had been talking more with her, and today was the day. He could hardly wait to tell her the truth, yet he was so scared he'd be rejected. As Maizono sat at they're usual spot, his hands clammed up and his heart was pounding through his chest. He took in a shaky breathe before approaching her.

"H-Hey Maizono! U-Um, I'd like to, uh... ask you something."

He felt like an idiot.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

Suddenly, a wave of un sureness came across Naegi. What if she didn't like him back? What if they could never be friends again because of this stupid confession that would drive a wedge inbetween their relationship? What I she already had a boyfriend? He didn't feel so comfortable as before. But he had to do it. This couldn't go on any more. He took a deep breathe in once more, and blurted it out.

"Ireallylikeyoulikenitinthefriendwaybutinthatkindofwaythatyoureallywanttobeinaromanticrelationshipwithsomeoneandiguesswhati'mtryingtosayiswillyougooutonadatewithme?"

Surprisingly, she understood the blabber that had just came out of his mouth and she grinned at him, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. He blushed a deep shade of red, but at that moment he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"Hehe, of course I will!" She then went on about how brave he was for doing such, but he didn't really focus. He was too ecstatic to even care.

~Now I feel silly,
Selfish and dizzy,
But I've got this feeling,
That you'll forgive me~

He felt so happy, he could skip around everywhere for the whole day. He stopped Maizono, grabbing her hands excitedly. He needed something to grab onto, or he felt like he was going to fall.

"How about this Saturday? A-At the movies?" She looked suprised that he'd cut her off at first, but smiled at him as if imidiently forgiving him.

"That sounds perfect, Naegi."

~And oh,
Oh my god just please don't ever let me go,
Well sometimes we're high and sometimes we're low,
Put up with me and I'll make you see,
That things are better when you're with me~

And so the two were a couple. Sure, they had they're bad days where they'd fight, keep a distance for a couple of days, but they'd always come running back to each other with apologies and forgiveness.

For Maizono, Naegi was a caring, down to earth kind of person. She loved that even in the heights or the dark pits of her moods, Naegi managed to comfort her, or bring her back to her normal cheery self. She often seemed like she was too much to handle and that she was too involved with her work, but Naegi never seemed to mind coming home to a girlfriend who would be immersed in all her work.

Naegi, on the other hand, worried about his personality. Was there something that she didn't like? Maybe he was too shy or not enough of an excitement to Maizono. Her soothing words would keep his thoughts at bay, however.

~And oh,
My god just please don't ever let me go,
Well sometimes we're high an sometimes we're low,
Put up with me and I'll make you see
That things are better when you're with me~

I'm sorry for the shortness of this and that it took so long! I've been really tired, and for me that's a really bad thing. Please tell me if Maizono is a bit ooc, I'm not really used to writing in her perspective.

Onto other news, after I finish another request I'll be writing some female Dangan Ronpa characters, because I don't feel that there are enough. So if you have any requests for either platonic or romantic fanfics with some of the female dr cast, send one in the comments and I'll do then as soon as I can! Thanks!