Just Ask Him!

(Alfred asks Ivan out)
Ah, yes, it had been yet another world meeting that Alfred was yet again nervous for, but this time he had an even bigger reason. It had been a full week since he last saw Ivan, and long story short, when they made eye contact, Ivan smiled at him and Alfreds glasses fogged up. He got really embarrassed so he decided to just avoid him for the rest of the meeting.
The night before the meeting even began, he sat in his room, contemplating on whether or not to do something that could either undo everything him and Ivan built up over these last two months or make it even better, he was thinking of asking Ivan out on a date.

'Agh, get a hold of yourself! Your supposed to be the hero, remember?!' He thought to himself, turning over in his bed, 'maybe I should just do it...' He sighed to himself, rubbing his temples, 'I used to hate the guy! Now what? I seriously have a crush on him just because we went out for stupid ice cream that one time?... and... got to know each other... and he bought me McDonald's... Wow, he actually bought me McDonald's... nobody does that-!'
Ring Ring 'come on, pick up-!'
"Hello?" "England! Dude! I need some advise," Alfred said frantically, "Alright, mate, calm down, what do need advise for?" Arthur replied, "how do you ask someone out?" Alfred could hear Arthur choke when he said those words, "w-well, why are you asking me?" "Because dude! You're my older brother! Your supposed to help me with stuff like this," Alfred sighed into the phone, "well, alright, if you really want my advise that much then how about this," he paused, "just ask them." Arthur said bluntly, 'just ask him?' "Seriously? Its that simple?" "Yes, now please go to bed, its literally 1am," "sure thing, Iggy!"

Now it's the next day, and Alfred was already in his seat, watching the door, waiting for Ivan to walk in. 'Come on Ruski, hurry up before I change my mind!' America thought to himself,

~~~~~
'Oh no! Im already 7 minutes late!' Ivan now thought to himself as he rushed in the meeting room doors, taking his seat and throwing his scarf over his shoulder. He looks around the room to see if anyone noticed that he late, to be honest he just hoped Germany wouldn't nag him about it, 'hm, let's see, France and England are occupied with their bickering, Italy is asleep, Japan doesn't speak to me, Germany is kicking Prussia out because he isn't a country anymore (^J^), and America... is he staring at me?' Russia internally freaked out, "I apologize for being late, I was preoccupied with Belarus..." immediately Alfred jumped once Ivan started talking, almost like he was awoken from some sort of trance.
        "Huh? O-Oh, it's whatever, dude! I-It's um... yeah..." America stuttered, 'hm, he's been acting very strange lately...'  "actually, Russia," Ivan looked up, "can I talk to you? Like, in private?" Alfred asks, "...da,"
          They both walk into the hallway, Alfred takes a deep breath, obviously nervous, "Russia, I've kinda been meaning to ask you something..." Ivan nods, "the thing is... well, actually... I wanted to ask... willyougoonadatewithme?" "What? You have to say it slower, I couldn't understand," Ivan gives a confused look, Alfred sighs once more, "will you... go on a date with me?" He says carefully, and Ivan says nothing for a moment
         "Is this a joke?"
         Alfreds face fell, he knew that they used to be enemies and Ivan has probably said things about him that were much worse, but damn that hurt. "I- n-no, this isn't a joke, this is real... and it's kinda all I've been thinking about recently," he heard Ivan chuckle, which only humiliated him even more, but just before he turned around to walk away, Ivan smiled, "America, that sounds very nice," Alfred perked up, "I would love to go with you,"